Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2010 Tax Lien

tag
HYPASS33
Frequent Contributor

Re: 2010 Tax Lien

I was talking about EQ. The IRS takes 45-60 days upon them getting it.
Message 11 of 33
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

If the before and after report came from myFICO, then you can concretely say there was no score change (was trying to narrow out any error...like comparing a FAKO with a FICO). Do you have any other PRs reporting (e.g. BKs, liens, judgments, etc.)?

Message 12 of 33
HYPASS33
Frequent Contributor

I have a few paid in full collections on report and a paid CO but that's it. Trying to get those GW off but no luck so far.
Message 13 of 33
masscredit
Valued Contributor

The last baddies on my CR are tax liens.  I believe I read that they report for 8 years after they are paid. So you can request that a lien is deleted from your CR after it's paid? And if so, how often do that actually do it? 

And one more question - if that can be done, does it also apply if they accept an offer in compromise?  I'm going to have my credit cards paid off soon and am starting to think about taking care of my tax liens of they will accept an OIC. 

Thanks for the info! 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 14 of 33
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@masscredit

It's called the Fresh Start Program. Once you receive the withdrawal forms from the IRS you can send them to the 3 CRAs for deletion. It took me less than 30 days. For Mre information follow this link:

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Newsroom/IRS-Fresh-Start-Program-Helps-Taxpayers-Who-Owe-the-IRS
Message 15 of 33
masscredit
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
@masscredit

It's called the Fresh Start Program. Once you receive the withdrawal forms from the IRS you can send them to the 3 CRAs for deletion. It took me less than 30 days. For Mre information follow this link:

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Newsroom/IRS-Fresh-Start-Program-Helps-Taxpayers-Who-Owe-the-IRS

I thought I posted this to your answer, thank you very much for the info! I think this is what I need for the next step of rebuilding my credit. I guess the IRS is looking for money in all locations so they have been clearing out forests to send me mail lately.  It's time to save those trees and hopefully put this last credit issue behind me.

I see that the info listed is for the IRS. Do you know if programs like this are available for state taxes and business taxes like 940/944 taxes? I'm doing some research on all of this now.

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 16 of 33
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I know it's not available in my state, Ca. Each state is different and I'm sorry, I do not know if it works for business taxes.
Message 17 of 33
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
@masscredit

@09Lexie

I just received my withdrawal in the mail where can I find the right mailing addresses for all 3 CRAs?

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 18 of 33
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

You can google each CB -their address should be listed under CONTACT US. If you have your cr number, that would be best to reference. You can also fax it from the numbers provided on the sticky :

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/CRA-Phone-amp-Fax-Numbers/td-p/407647
Message 19 of 33
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@masscredit wrote:

The last baddies on my CR are tax liens.  I believe I read that they report for 8 years after they are paid. So you can request that a lien is deleted from your CR after it's paid? And if so, how often do that actually do it? 

And one more question - if that can be done, does it also apply if they accept an offer in compromise?  I'm going to have my credit cards paid off soon and am starting to think about taking care of my tax liens of they will accept an OIC. 

Thanks for the info! 

Didn't see Lexie answer this part explicitly; however, from my own research on my tax lien, if you are in a DirectDebit aggrement (ACH pulls from your checking account) then you can have the lien withdrawn from your records, though if you break the agreement for whatever reason before you finish paying it goes right back on.  That would apply to an OIC if accepted as well.

OIC's are such a pita Smiley Happy.

        
Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.