Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

-21 Points...New Bucket

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

-21 Points...New Bucket

Dang it. A few days ago I got +32 points for the deletion of an old CA.

Today I had a PR removed and ZAP...-21 points. Guess I'm in a no PR bucket now.

Net increase= +11 points

Oh well, can only go up from here (I hope).
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: -21 Points...New Bucket

Congrats on both of those! Smiley Happy WTG!

Yes, sounds like you've been rebucketed. You've graduated. Smiley Happy

2 steps forward and 1 step backward....is still forward momentum.
Message 2 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

It's pretty smelly down there at the very bottom of the new bucket, with all those feet and all, but you'll be amazed how quickly you'll recover and go beyond. I think my EX and TU recovered in 3-4 weeks, EQ in 6, and I'm way, way past that point now.

EQ:
10/08 651 (and I was pretty darn proud)
10/16 636 (new bucket)
02/23 728 (and all I've done is grimly wait for things to age, and keep everything paid down or off)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 8
rom828
Established Contributor

Found this post from your other post about the 32 pt jump.

As is apparent, I'm still very much in learning mode.

I, too, have a PR...it's a State Tax Lien ($508) 1998 showing released 04-04. 

I wasn't even aware of this til I ran credit report in 2005. I've paid State Taxes before and since 2004, but I cannot locate my old tax records from before 2000.  We moved and they got boxed and now I cant find them.

I started in 2003 trying to get old debts paid, etc and in 2005 is when I really started looking at and working on score....wrong method, I now know, but I didnt know what I didnt know!

I've not ever pursued this with the State--I had other fish to fry and felt so beaten down that I guess I figured I must have owed it and nothing I could do.  But now that it's one of only 3 bad things left (and evidently considered a very big one), I want to get it off if possible.  I plan to contact the state on it, as although they show an 04 release date, I feel certain it was paid before then as I do have records from 2000 forward and no info on a lien or a release.  And my understanding is they stay on record 7 + yrs from date paid.

Whe I was using the myfico dispute letter 'help', it actually highlighted this lien as something I should dispute based on reporting time, so I guess it's worth a shot to try and get this off my CR.

If I'm successful, believe me I'll be writing about it!!  Any thoughts or comments appreciated!

FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the encouragement, I was kinda expecting something like this. Sure am glad the CA delete gave me a boost tho, otherwise I'd be a disgruntled camper.

haulingthescoreup wrote:
It's pretty smelly down there at the very bottom of the new bucket, with all those feet and all, but you'll be amazed how quickly you'll recover and go beyond. I think my EX and TU recovered in 3-4 weeks, EQ in 6, and I'm way, way past that point now.

EQ:
10/16 636 (new bucket)
02/23 728 (and all I've done is grimly wait for things to age, and keep everything paid down or off)

Message 5 of 8
rom828
Established Contributor

I forgot to ask a couple of things in my earlier response.....please bear with me...I'm getting older so have this "mental-pause" thing going on sometimes!

Did you get your PR removed by contacting them direct or by usual dispute route? (I've only done disputing on line when I've pulled a report either direct or thru myfico,  so as I said, still learning)

And as for the 'buckets',  I think I pretty much understand that concept now, but not sure how you know...or do you...if/when you're going to change buckets?!?!

Do you automatically go in another bucket if you drop a PR??  I've been bouncing between 620-629EQ, and it's currently 620 so I'd really hate it to go below that.  Makes me a little afraid to dipsute!!
FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent you a PM.

Buckets- I think the ppl who have scorewatch got a msg saying they were now in a different group. I don't get those alerts. HTSU can explain this much better and in a more entertaining manner.
I knew I was rebucketed because the PR vanished, my score plummeted, and there were no other changes on my report.

rom828 wrote:
I forgot to ask a couple of things in my earlier response.....please bear with me...I'm getting older so have this "mental-pause" thing going on sometimes!

Did you get your PR removed by contacting them direct or by usual dispute route? (I've only done disputing on line when I've pulled a report either direct or thru myfico,  so as I said, still learning)

And as for the 'buckets',  I think I pretty much understand that concept now, but not sure how you know...or do you...if/when you're going to change buckets?!?!

Do you automatically go in another bucket if you drop a PR??  I've been bouncing between 620-629EQ, and it's currently 620 so I'd really hate it to go below that.  Makes me a little afraid to dipsute!!

Message 7 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

EQ:
10/16 636 (new bucket)

Thanks for the encouragement, I was kinda expecting something like this. Sure am glad the CA delete gave me a boost tho, otherwise I'd be a disgruntled camper.

From what you have posted before, you live in a marina, so presumably on a boat, and as far as I'm concerned, that's good for 100+ points right there. Smiley Happy

I think you're going to be good. Prepare for a small- to medium-sized skyrocket within around a 3-month timeframe.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.