Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

27 point drop in two weeks.

tag
user5387
Valued Contributor

Re: 27 point drop in two weeks.

This is a very old thread.

Utilization is proportion of balances on accounts to the limits on those accounts.

For example, if you have a CC with a $1000 limit, and a $250 balance, then utilization is 25%.

HIgh utilization typically drives down credit scores.

Message 11 of 14
freedom55

Thanks for the reply Smiley Happy The information was very helpful.

Message 12 of 14
dominow
New Contributor

It appears as if there are no rymes or reasons. i've had mine dive like yours has. from the knowledge that i've acquired here suggests that the score that you are referring to is only one that the many lenders may or may not see. lenders actually see different numbers than we see. the other 2 scores for you might be higher than your 718 number. when my number hit 693, i immediately looked at the other credit reporting co's. find out i'm in mid 700's with them. best knowledge learned on this forum is pay everything on time, every time, keep utilization low, too many inquiries can be harmful. what i've discovered personally, is that a mortgage in your history is probably the best thing to help keep you looking responsible to the lenders that tend to look past the numbers.

Message 13 of 14
nvangel08

I am really new to all of this so I want to thank all of you for your very clear and useful information. I won't say what my score is because it is not good at all but hopefully if I pay very close attention to all the wonderful advice my score will be as high as you all in no time!

Starting Score: EQ:611 TU:609 EX:629
Current Score: EQ:666 TU:661 EX:648
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.