Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

28 point drop overnight with cc purchase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

28 point drop overnight with cc purchase

My credit card balance was 1400 yesterdday.  No payment is due, no late fees, nothing of that sort, nor did the $1400 post on a statement since that's another 2 weeks out.  Can someone explain why this was sighted for my score going from 807 to 779?  Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: 28 point drop overnight with cc purchase

Did you get something saying your scored dropped for that reason?

If nothing has posted yet, I don't see how that could be the culprit.  Are you sure it wasn't something else.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, the myFICO score watch said that was the reason...I don't really get it.  I'd understand if it posted to a statement, but that, time-wise, is over two weeks away.  The credit limit is $8k, the balance was $1400.  Seems likes a big hit, especially since I normally have around $2k on one of my two cc at some point and pay it off before it's due.  But at any given point, I may have $2k or so on there.

The other cc has a credit of around $200 right now.

Message 3 of 4
Adalen
Frequent Contributor

Sounds like your CC company did a mid-cycle update.  You should probably contact them and ask why.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.