Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 Baddies Removed - Experian Score Drops 25 Points

tag
BrownSugah66
Regular Contributor

3 Baddies Removed - Experian Score Drops 25 Points

Sooooo....when a negative tradeline from Credit One Bank was deleted from my Experian credit file, my score jumped up 25 points the following day. 5 days later, 3 more baddies were deleted in the same day and my Experian score dropped 25 points and has not moved in a week.

Can anyone help me understand why my Experian credit score would drop with the deletion of collection accounts? All 4 collection accounts were less than 3 years old yet only 1 of the deletions produced a score increase with Experian.

I am working really hard to clean up my credit, but having baddies deleted and seeing my credit score decrease instead of increase is very discouraging...

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
GregB
Valued Contributor

Re: 3 Baddies Removed - Experian Score Drops 25 Points

Which EX score? Not likely you are monitoring an EX FICO score. If you are monitoring through EX it is most likely a Plus Score, AKA Experian Credit Score.

My EX Plus Score seems to move in large steps. About one quarter of the time it moves in the opposite direction of a real score that is actually used by lenders.

If you are cleaning up the information on your reports, you are making progress. Keep going. Just don't try to guage that progress by monitoring a worthless score.

Message 2 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@missy66 wrote:

Sooooo....when a negative tradeline from Credit One Bank was deleted from my Experian credit file, my score jumped up 25 points the following day. 5 days later, 3 more baddies were deleted in the same day and my Experian score dropped 25 points and has not moved in a week.

Can anyone help me understand why my Experian credit score would drop with the deletion of collection accounts? All 4 collection accounts were less than 3 years old yet only 1 of the deletions produced a score increase with Experian.

I am working really hard to clean up my credit, but having baddies deleted and seeing my credit score decrease instead of increase is very discouraging...

Hi missy,

It looks like by your signature that you realize the EX score is a FAKO and therefore worthless. That means any dramatic change in this useless score whether up or down should be ignored. I agree that in the bigger picture you are advancing just from having the negatives removed. Congratulations on that.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 3 of 5
BrownSugah66
Regular Contributor

GregB and MarineVet...Thank you so much for your responses. I will remember to ignore all of these FAKO scores floating around. Your encouragement has motivated me to keep moving forward. You guys are great!!! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
John060675
Valued Contributor

Just wanted to give my 2 cents.   I had the same experience with FAKO scores going down when baddies were removed.  The good news is my FICO score went up.  I hope that is the same for you, and that your FICO actually increased.

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.