Super Contributor
MidnightVoice

Re: 3 point reduction

inquring_minds wrote:
Thanks Hauling, I need a math refresher - if feel totally stupid! :smileyindifferent:

Most of us dealing with FICO scoring frequently feel totally stupid  :smileyvery-happy:
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Regular Contributor
inquring_minds

ok, so what should I do now?

I have low utilization and my statement cuts on the 30th and I need a boost in scores.  I thought Fico model looked at individual utilization for optimal scores.

Great Credit is Sexy :smileywink:

May 2013 - TU 699 / EX 718 / EQ 737

Super Contributor
MidnightVoice

inquring_minds wrote:
ok, so what should I do now?

I have low utilization and my statement cuts on the 30th and I need a boost in scores.  I thought Fico model looked at individual utilization for optimal scores.

As far as we can tell, it looks at both.  You could try getting both down to less than 5% and then tell us what happens!
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

There's not a day goes by that I don't stare at the laptop and say to myself, "Well, duh!" :smileyvery-happy:

Like MV said, you get rated on individual util and on total util. Try having one card PIF'd and the other reporting incredibly low. I got 10-15 points on all three scores recently by having a $7 balance post on one card, $0 on the other 4, $52K+ total CL. I think it was like 1/100 of 1% util. TU especially liked it!

This is now my new happy solution to not worrying about my CC's. I only use one per month, pay it down to 1% before the statement cuts, and there you are. Peace of mind through simplicity!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Regular Contributor
inquring_minds

That's great advice, I will let you know the outcome :smileyhappy:

Happy Holiday's MyFico Friends!!

haulingthescoreup wrote:
There's not a day goes by that I don't stare at the laptop and say to myself, "Well, duh!" :smileyvery-happy:

Like MV said, you get rated on individual util and on total util. Try having one card PIF'd and the other reporting incredibly low. I got 10-15 points on all three scores recently by having a $7 balance post on one card, $0 on the other 4, $52K+ total CL. I think it was like 1/100 of 1% util. TU especially liked it!

This is now my new happy solution to not worrying about my CC's. I only use one per month, pay it down to 1% before the statement cuts, and there you are. Peace of mind through simplicity!

Great Credit is Sexy :smileywink:

May 2013 - TU 699 / EX 718 / EQ 737

Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

And to you!

We need a wreath smiley or something for this time of year.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}