Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 Day Cycle

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 30 Day Cycle

@RobertEG wrote:

It doesnt matter, under most account agreements, when you remit funds.  It is when they post payment to your account.

Ditto. Every lender has rules too on when the cutoff time is to make a payment and that could have played into this. OP, check you contract to see if this rule exist. For example, I had to pay 4 CCs today: HSBC Best Buy, Barclays, Target, and CapOne. BB had to be paid by 8pm, CapOne had to be paid by 5pm, Target by 4pm, and Barclays by 7pm. All times are Eastern. If I paid Target at 4:10pm, I'm late and they can hit me with a late fee. Or if I paid CapOne right now, I'd be late too. And then some creditors have rules where you can't pay on the weekend or if you do pay, they won't credit it until the next business day (namely June 1 due to the holiday). CapOne is like that. If I paid now directly via their website, the payment wouldn't post until June 1.

Point I'm driving to is this: if your lender is setup the same way, then maybe the payment was delayed a day or two due to their payment system. Even if you pay a day or two before day #30, it can still be delayed. Also, if you paid via a 3rd party, like your bank's billpay, then it can be delayed even further when factoring their rules too.

Message 11 of 16
marty56
Super Contributor

Look, we are making this more difficult then it needs to be.  I would not test any CCC on 29 days vs 30 vs 31 days.  Never pay late and if that is easier said then done, at least call the CC and let them know that you will be late and why.  It may not make a difference in then end but it is worth a shot.

Also what I started to do is make at least the minimum payment  one day after the statement drops and then PIF by the due date.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 12 of 16
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@marty56 wrote:

Look, we are making this more difficult then it needs to be.  I would not test any CCC on 29 days vs 30 vs 31 days.  Never pay late and if that is easier said then done, at least call the CC and let them know that you will be late and why.  It may not make a difference in then end but it is worth a shot.

Also what I started to do is make at least the minimum payment  one day after the statement drops and then PIF by the due date.

I'm confusing the issue I think. I was using my CC due dates as an example for OP's posting date for OP's auto installment loan. No bill should ever be paid on, around, and especially after the due date.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

To make that statement I think goes beyond reason; why not challenge the details when those details is the reason why your even on this forum, and making corrections to your credit. Ultimately, we would not have government involvement and rules that these companies have to go by if they did not need to be challenged. I am totally confident in that fact that they are wrong about the report; and more importantly none of you addressed that fact hat the idiots at the the company reported the wrong month as late if all the info were even correct.

Message 14 of 16
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

To make that statement I think goes beyond reason; why not challenge the details when those details is the reason why your even on this forum, and making corrections to your credit. Ultimately, we would not have government involvement and rules that these companies have to go by if they did not need to be challenged. I am totally confident in that fact that they are wrong about the report; and more importantly none of you addressed that fact hat the idiots at the the company reported the wrong month as late if all the info were even correct.

I hope that confidence translates into a successful outcome for you.

From a BK years ago to:
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
4/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 15 of 16
marty56
Super Contributor

If the late was valid, it was reported correctly since a January late would be reported for February.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.