Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 Day's Past Due For only 5 days

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

30 Day's Past Due For only 5 days

A simple mistake made one of my account 30 days past due for 5 days. It has been payed to current. So only 30 past due for 5 day's. How bad is this gonna effect the score? Mind you that the payment history has been flawless on this account and my other accounts are being payed as agreed.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 30 Day's Past Due For only 5 days

You will probably take a ding for that.  I would call and tlk to a supervisor, explain what happened, tell of your good history and see if they would delete the late.  get it in writing though.
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

How much of ding?
Message 3 of 13
FICOnater2007
New Contributor

Myhearts07 has good advice. 

I'd call them and talk to them. Otherwise it'll appear as one of those little yellow squares with a "30" in it on your report for the next 48 months.

As to how much that will ding your credit, probably not too much but it's no fun to have any smudges on the report nonetheless.

Best of luck,

FICOnater2007
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea, I've done that, called them to head it off, not on my credit report Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not so sure it it wouldn't be too much of a ding.  One 30 day late can drop your score by a lot.  Some have had their score drop by 50-100 points.  YMMV, but I would certainly try to **bleep** that one as quickly as possible. 

I don't know the rules now, but I used to [in the olden days] work for a major credit card issuer.  We did not report 30 day lates to the CB, but things probably  have changed.  It's best to call the creditor and see if they report the 30 day.  Like I said, we always waited until the account went an entire month past the billing due date [so technically 60 days] before we reported. 
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

The bank said that it automaticaly reports it over 30 day's It was paid on the 5th day past due. Could that be a scare tactic, and that they didn't really report it?
Credit has been flawless the past few years and I have eliminated a large debt recently.
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

yourmama wrote:
The bank said that it automaticaly reports it over 30 day's It was paid on the 5th day past due. Could that be a scare tactic, and that they didn't really report it?

Hard to say. But, just so we're clear, it is paid current now? How close is it to the CL?

I would call them up and inquire about it. Tell them you made a mistake, forgot, or whatever. Be nice, even if they aren't. Ask them whether it will get reported as late to the credit bureaus. Ask whether they allow any sort of grace period in their credit bureau reporting.

Personally, I have a really difficult time accepting how a creditor can legally report one as 30 days late when was in fact only 5 days late. Musings for a future lawsuit.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is an installment loan. 5 year and it is 1 1/2 years in. It is current, paid current 5 days after the over 30
Message 9 of 13
fused
Moderator Emeritus

yourmama wrote:
It is an installment loan. 5 year and it is 1 1/2 years in. It is current, paid current 5 days after the over 30

So this was paid 35 days after the due date or 5 days after the due date?
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.