Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 days late on payment. Didnt receive bill int he mail

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

30 days late on payment. Didnt receive bill int he mail

Hey everyone. I am really upset right now. Have an 810 Transunion score and 706 equifax. I did not receive a bill from Chase and missed 2 payments back to back. It was a small amazon credit card I got with only a $200 balance. I have had years of never missing a payment. I called Chase today and they said its too late they already reported in and it wasnt their fault because they did not receive returned mail! I kept trying and all they would give me is a fax number of their executive office. How do I fix this ASAP? I just logged in and looked at my credit at credit karma and its not showing up yet. Please help how do I fix before it reports? Should I use a service like lexington law or key credit repair? Any advice appreciated!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 30 days late on payment. Didnt receive bill int he mail

Step 1: Pay. At least the minimum to bring it current, ideally the full balance.

Step 2: Send goodwill letters. See: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/The-Saturation-Technique-Best-GW-adjustment-o...

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great idea. Anyone have a sample of a drafted goodwill letter I could use a template?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Google is a great resource.  I just googled SAMPLE GOODWILL LETTER and saw lots of helpful stuff.  Some of the hits were  myFICO discussions.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.