Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

33 Year Old AU acct Hurting or Helping?

tag
kbns625
Valued Member

33 Year Old AU acct Hurting or Helping?

I'm on my dad's 33 year old flawless 10k MC on my Credit Report as an AU. The thing is I'm rebuilding after a disastrous two years (06 & 07) - 5 Paid in Full C/O as of 10/07. Everything is currently Paid as Agreed but I'm not moving scorewise. I've been stuck at low 600's since I paid all the chargeoffs 9 months ago. I have Mortgage, Car Loan, 3 CC (20% Util), all opened in the last year. Student Loan 10 years -Pays as agreed. Store card - 5 years pays as agreed. Fico says length of history is "VERY GOOD" but is it possible the AU account is putting me in a bucket where it would be better to ditch the AU account? Should I wait until October to see what happens when my last "late" that was recorded reaches 1 year to see what happens?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 33 Year Old AU acct Hurting or Helping?

I think the AU could help. But the lates sometimes prevent scores from going up. Try the AU and if it doesn't help you can always remove your self as an AU.
Message 2 of 8
kbns625
Valued Member

Thanks for replying pizza - This is already on my CR. I added it the same month I paid all my C/O in full. I'm trying to gauge whether my scores are stuck because this card put me in some "HIGH ACHIEVER" bucket and not a "RECOVERING DEADBEAT" bucket

Message Edited by kbns625 on 08-06-2008 11:44 AM
Message 3 of 8
BlueBayou
New Contributor

kbns said:

Thanks for replying pizza - This is already on my CR. I added it the same month I paid all my C/O in full. I'm trying to gauge whether my scores are stuck because this card put me in some "HIGH ACHIEVER" bucket and not a "RECOVERING DEADBEAT" bucket---

I love this quote:  "RECOVERING DEADBEAT"Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Message Edited by BlueBayou on 08-06-2008 05:37 PM

Message Edited by BlueBayou on 08-06-2008 05:37 PM
Message 4 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Not knowing your CL or length of credit history without the AU card, it is hard to say.  If you ditch the AU card, you will lose both.  How harmful will that be to your %util or avg length of credit?
Sure, it may now be putting you into higher scoring bucket, causing you to be scored agaisnt others who are not of actual equal credit history, but a big drop in CL and avg age might be more negative.
This is a very hard question to answer without knowing the inner workings of the secret FICO models.
If I were rolling your AU dice, I would keep it.
Message 5 of 8
kbns625
Valued Member

Thanks for the replies. I think I'll wait and leave it alone, maybe one day FICO 08 will make my decision for me.
Message 6 of 8
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

kbns625 wrote:
Thanks for the replies. I think I'll wait and leave it alone, maybe one day FICO 08 will make my decision for me.

FICO 08 is no longer planning to remove AUs - they say
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

MidnightVoice wrote:

kbns625 wrote:

FICO 08 is no longer planning to remove AUs - they say

FICO 08 is no longer planning to remove legit AUs. Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.