cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

35 Point Drop from Amex "Revolver" - aka NPSL!

tag
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

Re: 35 Point Drop from Amex "Revolver" - aka NPSL!

@cashnocredit wrote:

When Amex reports it creates a "trigger event" on EQ and sometimes on other CRAs. This generates a new score so one can sometimes see a slight change due to age or even or rare occasions rebucketing from age. For EX and TU different things can generate scores such as a total balance change across all cards greater than some percentage depending on which CRA. I've been tracking these on 3B a subscription since before the changeover from FICO 4 to FICO 8 as the default tracker model. Since my Amex spend sometimes is far greater than my total on all other cards the specific impact of an Amex charge card stands out rather strongly.

It would be nice if the EQ 08 model used the higher internal score rather than the high balance as a CL proxy but there is no way for them to report that to the CRAs and still have it be "internal."

My Amex also shows up under the revolver category but these are created by MyFico, not the CRAs or FICO scores. However, if you look at the "terms" category Amex will be listed as "1 month" while regular CCs are listed as revolving.

Since you are about to show significant activity on your Amex it will be quite interesting if you would post the changes you see as well as the H/B and total CLs on your other cards. You should see your EQ FICO 8 score drop between 15 and 40 points then come back up again after you pay the balance and it reports. Also, if your new H/B is materially higher than the old and isgnificantly changes your CL total plus H/B youre score could go up slightly due to a biut lower utilization.

Pasted below is the info on AMEX from my 2/14/2016 3B report. As you can see, no terms listed for EQ and TU. ONly EX shows the 1 month term.

I will report back on scores after AMEX reports with new higher HB => 100% utilization. [ avaliable scores will be Citi B Fico 08, Discover Classicc Fico 08 and AMEX Classic Fico 08]. 

P.S. My BB credit card reported over 75% utilization 3/2014 with no impact on TU Classic Fico 08. 

Fico 3B report title.gif

AMEX summary 2.gif

AMEX summary 1.gif

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 21 of 22
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

Re: 35 Point Drop from Amex "Revolver" - aka NPSL!

You are right that the "TERMS" field is only populated on EX in the 3B reports. There is nothing in the 3B MyFico reports that demarcates a charge card due monthly from a revolving credit card for EQ and TU.  However, that information is in your CRA credit files and is used for FICO calculations.

Each CRA has slightly different database structures and definitions and ways of printing the data out for human consumption. Oddly, on my last reports EQ and TU listed Amex terms as monthly while EX differentiated the account by calling it "Open" with regular credit cards listed as "revolving." For whatever reason, MyFico's reports don't do a good job of separating out charge card accounts on their human readable reports. These are formatted and data descriptors are done by MyFico, not the CRAs, and stuff gets left out even if it is relatively minor.

EtoA:

High scores are the most sensitive to anything negative like utilization increases so what you see when your Amex charge card reports an unusually high balance should produce very visible changes. This would be most valuable additional info so I look forward to what your experiences are.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.