Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

35 point drop adding a Chase card

tag
Settemio
Regular Contributor

35 point drop adding a Chase card

My EQ score was 809 yesterday... today it tumbled to 774. The only change was my Chase card I added reported. It has a $250 balance with a 34,000 CL. My % is 0%. Not sure why it would drop that much just by adding one card.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: 35 point drop adding a Chase card

Generally,  the higher your score the bigger an impact adding a TL will have.  Or anything for that matter.

How much did you lose for an inquiry?

Message 2 of 4
user5387
Valued Contributor

@Settemio wrote:

My EQ score was 809 yesterday... today it tumbled to 774. The only change was my Chase card I added reported. It has a $250 balance with a 34,000 CL. My % is 0%. Not sure why it would drop that much just by adding one card.

I was in a similar position recently, and lost 4 points with a new HP / TL.

What happened to your AAoA with this new TL?

What about utilization?  I expect your overall utilization is low, but what about the proportion of CCs reporting a balance?

Message 3 of 4
Settemio
Regular Contributor

@user5387 wrote:

@Settemio wrote:

I was in a similar position recently, and lost 4 points with a new HP / TL.

What happened to your AAoA with this new TL?

What about utilization?  I expect your overall utilization is low, but what about the proportion of CCs reporting a balance?

As stated in my original post, my util % is 0%... my AAoA is only .1 different. It was 6.3 years, now it is 6.2.... Also, the HP wasnt against EQ so that has no affect. They pulled EX. This drop was against EQ.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.