cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

40 point drop from 1 mortgage inquiry????!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

40 point drop from 1 mortgage inquiry????!!!

Can anyone help me figure this out?

Husband's score finally over 700 (732 actually) after 2 years of on time payments and debt load reduced by half.  He goes and talks to his mortgage friend and they pull HIS tri-merge credit report.  Days later scorewatch reports a 40 point drop!!!   The ONLY other change I can even think of is the one cc we use all month and then pay off every month.  They must have caught this at the high point (around 3K) before the payment made it. We've been using this one cc this same way for at least 6 mos, so I don't see why that would have affected it much.  Then, to make things even worse, MY scores dropped by 46 pts and they didn't even pull my credit!!!  I pulled a score watch report on my hubby and saw nothing weird.  Needless to say we are TOTALLY MAD AND CONFUSED.  We were finally at a good place to think about buying a home, so what gives?  Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 40 point drop from 1 mortgage inquiry????!!!

Something else changed. An Inq would not cost you this many pts.
Message 2 of 4
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

You didn't change cell phone carriers did you?  Smiley Very Happy

Or have a bunch of other enquiries?
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's likely the utilization increase had far more effect than the inquiry, depending on the CL for that specific CC and your total CL for all revolving accounts.

Message Edited by Revike on 05-29-2007 08:30 AM
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.