Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

41 Point Increase Today

tag
SoshiHomie84
New Contributor

41 Point Increase Today

I have lots of baddies, 120s, 90s, and 2 chargeoffs, most of which are 2+ years ago. I don't have a single late in the last 21 months MyFICO score was 585 when i first checked, then went down to 575 because my CC balance increased fom the last month. It is true FICO on this site via ScoreWatch. 

Today it went up to 616! 41 points. The only thing that's happened recently is that I opened an HSN Card ($500) and an Express Card ($335). So, I'm guessing that maybe these cards are reporting. It's been 3 business days since I opened them. I'm surprised that an extra $850 in revolving credit can make such a difference, but I'll take it!

The alert says

Your FICO score may have gone up because the following 4 factors are not hurting your FICO score as much as before:

• You have a public record or collection in addition to a serious delinquency on your credit report.
  • You've made heavy use of your available revolving credit.
  • You have multiple accounts showing missed payments or derogatory descriptions.
  • You have a short credit history.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
user5387
Valued Contributor

Re: 41 Point Increase Today

Hard to say about utilization without knowing the details of your CCs.

Another possibility would be age issues, for example your derogatories getting older.

Message 2 of 3
SoshiHomie84
New Contributor

Re: 41 Point Increase Today

Capital One - $3300 used out of $3500 (This will be down to 6% UTI in 2 months)

HSN - $0 used of 500

Express - $0 used of $350

I checked Experian and those new account still aren't showing, but I suppose it could have appeared on EQ first?

As far at the derogs, i suppose it's possible, but none of them happened in the month of Feb. Most were in May-July of 2010 and the others were April 2012

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.