Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

+49 pts for a added collection??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

+49 pts for a added collection??

This is my wifes and a old 198.00 medical posted that I quickly disputed, but why in the world did her score go up?

[img]http://i.imgur.com/VzhP4OO.png[/img]

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: +49 pts for a added collection??

Nothing makes sense anymore.  Most of us that paid down or off our debt showed a dramatic decrease in scores recently. So it might have something to do with the age of accounts. Even though everyone keeps saying adding a debt is a bad thing. 

Message 2 of 7
racer-x
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This is my wifes and a old 198.00 medical posted that I quickly disputed, but why in the world did her score go up?

[img]http://i.imgur.com/VzhP4OO.png[/img]

W T Frig

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

**bleep** that makes no sense what so ever!

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Give me my points back!! lol  I finally had an old collection fall off Equifax on the 1st and I lost 6 points.  My guess is the collection isn't the reason for the boost but the first thing that generated an alert.  Scores updated with the alert.  (just total speculation because nothing else would make sense)

Message 5 of 7
racer-x
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Give me my points back!! lol  I finally had an old collection fall off Equifax on the 1st and I lost 6 points.  My guess is the collection isn't the reason for the boost but the first thing that generated an alert.  Scores updated with the alert.  (just total speculation because nothing else would make sense)

Unfortunately, what could have happened is that old collection, although a derogatory, may have been a positive for your AAoA/credit history.

The collection falling off may have lowered your AAoA.  And add the possibility that the collection was so old,  it may not have had much of a negative impact on your score at that point of falling off.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm still scratching my head too guys!!    Maybe I can get it deleted and will post results...

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.