Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 INQUIRIES SAME DAY- CAR LOAN

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

5 INQUIRIES SAME DAY- CAR LOAN

Last July I went to a car dealership and they ran my credit for a car loan. They ran 5 different creditors. I did not know they ran that many. I have 5 different inquiries on my CR.  Are they all counting against me or do they count as one?

I also applied for a Home loan in December 2009 and it is listed twice on the same day.

Does this count as one or two?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Re: 5 INQUIRIES SAME DAY- CAR LOAN

The five car loan inquiries will count as one inquiry if pulled within 14 to 45 days. The same is true for the home loan. The inquires for home loans and and auto loans are theonly ones treated that way. If you apply for tow credit cards and both creditors use the same credit bureau you would have two inquires. The FICO score is more concerned with inquires in the last 12 months.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 2 of 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@AndySoCal wrote:

The five car loan inquiries will count as one inquiry if pulled within 14 to 45 days. The same is true for the home loan. The inquires for home loans and and auto loans are theonly ones treated that way. If you apply for tow credit cards and both creditors use the same credit bureau you would have two inquires. The FICO score is more concerned with inquires in the last 12 months.

This also applies to student loans.

From a BK years ago to:

9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
4/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Credit Problems Which Is Worse?
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks SoCAl and Marine.

Good info.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.