Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5% breakpoint on installment utilization

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

5% breakpoint on installment utilization

Just for the heck of it I took my installment utilization from 8.9% to 4.8% to see if there was a 5% breakpoint.

My EQ FICO 8 jumped 10 points and my EX FICO 8 jumped 14 points, at a time that only mildly negative things were occurring on other fronts.

So it may well be that there is a 5% threshold to cross.

Unfortunately, as Revelate has observed, my file is usually way too busy for it to be a good testing ground, but perhaps someone with an SSL out there and a quieter file could try crossing 5% and see if anything happens. If you were to do it this month, the change would pop up early next month.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 5% breakpoint on installment utilization

I alerted the folks in the SSL thread about this and pointed them here.  One or more of them may try it!

Message 2 of 4
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I alerted the folks in the SSL thread about this and pointed them here.  One or more of them may try it!

I just got a 10-point increase on the TU FICO 8 score as well, so I hastened to check my TU report and the installment change has NOT reported there.

So maybe this 10-point increase stuff has to do with something else, such as a change in the FICO 8 algorithms.

I just don't know what to think.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 3 of 4
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

I recently took a hit on all three FICO8s when my overall revolving utilization increased to what would round up to 5% (from approximately 3.7% to approximately 4.6%). When I paid my balances back down a bit, the scores returned to where they started.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.