50% the new 90%, last paragraph has info on fico '08

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: 50% the new 90%, last paragraph has info on fico '08

@fused wrote:

@MidnightVoice wrote:

And I have done all the AU to CO changes I want, so we are all set

Excuuuuuuse me, but how does changing AU (authorized-user) accounts to CO (charge-off) accounts better prepare you or ANYONE for FICO 2008?Smiley Happy Please help me understand this??? LOL

fused, you are a terrible person. Smiley Tongue (j/k)

ANYWAY, I guess I'll be the guinea pig for what happens to those who are bold enough to take a BT offer. * sigh * Actually, now that I think about it, the balance should be down to $7K by May, which will put overall under 10%. So we'll see.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 36
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

fused wrote:

MidnightVoice wrote:

And I have done all the AU to CO changes I want, so we are all set

Excuuuuuuse me, but how does changing AU (authorized-user) accounts to CO (charge-off) accounts better prepare you or ANYONE for FICO 2008?Smiley Happy Please help me understand this??? LOL

It is not my fault the Mods can't get the abbreviations right!  Smiley Wink

And what, pray, is a "charge off"?  I have scoured my reports and can't find one  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 12 of 36
fused
Moderator Emeritus

The common abbrev link is right here...a CO is a charge-off. lol Unless you're saying "care of", "care of (as in took care of) or worse yet, "in care of." LOL

Message 13 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

For the longest time when I first came here, I thought CO was the state abbreviation for Colorado and AU was the country code for Australia, CA abbreviation for California, etc, etc, etc, ad nauseum......well it is....just not here. lol.
Message 14 of 36
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I'm in the medical field, and I suffer from conflicting abbreviations as well.

So when someone says TIA (thanks in advance), I read "transient ischemic attack", aka mini-stroke.

And OT (off-topic) is occupational therapy. (93.83!)

And my favorite is when someone calls util UTI, which in my other world means urinary tract infection. That reads really strangely sometimes, as in, "My urinary tract infection is the best it's ever been! I'm so excited!" and so forth. Smiley Very Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 15 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

utils are the electric and phone bill aren't they? LOL Smiley Wink (J/K!)
Message 16 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sylviatob wrote:
utils are the electric and phone bill aren't they? LOL Smiley Wink (J/K!)

ROFL!  Good one.

When I started reading here, I could not get past thinking "California" every time I saw "CA."  Now whenever I see "Los Angeles, CA" I think "Los Angeles, Collection Agency."

Message 17 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

that's nothing i thought everyone was dating, married to, or named dw.
Message 18 of 36
marty56
Super Contributor

I should be at <28% util be April (PIF by July) on my last CC balance which was a BT to pay off 2 others.

My newest late will by 3 years old in Aug.

Beyond that there is little more I can do to improve my FICO so I am as ready as I will ever be for FICO08.

My only credit issue in the next 8 months is a new card loan so I hopef there wont be any negative affect on the auto FICO and what dealers call  a "Well Qualified Buyer".  It would be great that if I can get my TU and EX scores above 760 and have them stay there.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 19 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi cheddar and ducky. My name is Sylvia. Welcome to FICOholics anonymous. LOL!
Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.