Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

55 Point FICO Jump!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

55 Point FICO Jump!

But it's meaningless and will drop back down within a week, I'm sure.

Trying to get Target to consistently report to all 3 CRAs, so I'm guessing the late isn't hurting me--for now. The collection I'm paying on also updated the description, but I doubt that changed anything. I'll wait to see when Target fails to update and simply confirms.

GW hasn't worked with Target, and I've tried 6 times I think. Well, if I can't get GW outta them, and they won't consistently report to all 3 CRAs, I'll give Small Claims a shot.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gamecockmd
Established Member

Re: 55 Point FICO Jump!

Mine jumped 52 points back in '05  to a little over 730 and although it kind of drifted down a little when I bought my house (credit checks due to mortgage and various utilities) it never dropped below 700 again- good luck to you!
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

congratulations.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Noah!!!! What do you think caused the increase?
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

cfstr1 wrote:
Congrats Noah!!!! What do you think caused the increase?

I'd call it a FICO Funny--funny peculiar, not funny ha-ha. Because it's disputed, the late is not hurting my FICO score. Proves at least two things, in my mind.

1) Disputed baddies don't appear to hurt your FICO score, at least not as much, while they are in dispute.
2) A single late, in my case, is costing upwards of 55 FICO points, and perhaps more.

It's correct on TU and EQ, wrong on EX. Thus far it seems I haven't gotten the twits at EX to listen, but it could be the twits at Target.

Once I have dispute results from all three CRAs, I might have another go at Target with GW. Still mentally parsing words. I want the tone to be GW, but I also want to convey the message that I'm disputing, they are inconsistently reporting, and I seek to imply if they don't correct it then they are in violation.

My goal is a deletion of the late, or the TL altogether. But if I have to, I'll settle for a small claims suit.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

And then the plunge. From 595, to 650, then back down to 602. I knew it was coming.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.