Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

56 POINT JUMP IN TU FICO!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

56 POINT JUMP IN TU FICO!

I was so surprised to see that my score jumped up so much! I had a 736 on 8/19, and on 9/19 my score jumped to 792 for some reason!

The only change I noticed was adding myself as AU to my dad's 10+ year card, as well as my AMEX TE started to report!

Dang! Almost to the 800s, and barely got my cards 2 months ago!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
krielly
Established Contributor

Re: 56 POINT JUMP IN TU FICO!

this is likely a combinaton of at least a couple of things.

1. being added to a card (with a long history) as an AU - upping your AAOA

2. you don't mention what your utilization rate was before vs now

those 2 things are probably the primary factors. Utilization is HUGE, so if you went from a fairly high rate of utilization to a low range, BINGO! There's the likely culprit.

congrats!

@Anonymous wrote:

I was so surprised to see that my score jumped up so much! I had a 736 on 8/19, and on 9/19 my score jumped to 792 for some reason!

The only change I noticed was adding myself as AU to my dad's 10+ year card, as well as my AMEX TE started to report!

You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing!
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your great news. That had to feel great. It's nice to piggyback on your dad's long history.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@krielly wrote:

this is likely a combinaton of at least a couple of things.

1. being added to a card (with a long history) as an AU - upping your AAOA

2. you don't mention what your utilization rate was before vs now

those 2 things are probably the primary factors. Utilization is HUGE, so if you went from a fairly high rate of utilization to a low range, BINGO! There's the likely culprit.

congrats!

@Anonymous wrote:

Util was always below 5%, as I have $50k in avail. credit with AU accounts.

I think it was the AAOA. It probably balanced my 3 new accounts. 

Message 4 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Just payment history and age: you went from a new thinnish file to 4 tradelines on a 2.5 or maybe even 3 year AAOA... and oldest account now 10 years old which doesn't suck.  Actually would you mind doing the explicit math or letting us know what the open date of that 10 year AU card is and I'll do the math for my own edification? Smiley Happy

Given that your 3 cards would've taken you to 760ish in a year on FICO 8, 790's with 3 years and the payment history with that pretty AU, not surprised at all.  Grats!

        
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

Just payment history and age: you went from a new thinnish file to 4 tradelines on a 2.5 or maybe even 3 year AAOA... and oldest account now 10 years old which doesn't suck.  Actually would you mind doing the explicit math or letting us know what the open date of that 10 year AU card is and I'll do the math for my own edification? Smiley Happy

Given that your 3 cards would've taken you to 760ish in a year on FICO 8, 790's with 3 years and the payment history with that pretty AU, not surprised at all.  Grats!

I'll list all my accounts.

Whichever account was not opened in July of 2015, means it is an AU account. 

Format as follows: Credit issuer: Date opened: CL

None have missed payments.

AMEX: Jul 2015: 5.5k

Cap One: Jul 2015: 3k

Citi: Dec 2002: 14.6k (the one recently added)

Discover: Oct 1997: 8k

Discover: Aug 1989: 10k

Discover: Jul 2015: 500

Lexus FSB: Nov 2005: 2.9k 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

Didya get that?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.