cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6 Months with auto loan any impact on score?

tag
Nella
Valued Member

6 Months with auto loan any impact on score?

Good Evening Everyone,

I purchased a vehicle back in February of this year. Just wondering for anyone who has purchased

a vehicle recently, did you receive any credit boost after 6 months of on time payments.  

After reading some of the posts I haven't really heard of any boost that people have received.  

Thanks to all who respond Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 550's
Score: Equifax 626 TU 613 Experian 671
Lender pull 01/22/2013 Eq 641 TU 636 Exp 670
Goal Score: 720
Closed Escrow on 03/05/2013!!!
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: 6 Months with auto loan any impact on score?

@Nella wrote:

Good Evening Everyone,

I purchased a vehicle back in February of this year. Just wondering for anyone who has purchased

a vehicle recently, did you receive any credit boost after 6 months of on time payments.  

After reading some of the posts I haven't really heard of any boost that people have received.  

I wouldn't expect much of a noticeable FICO gain, YMMV.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 8
Nella
Valued Member

Thanks for respond Pizza Dude.

Message 3 of 8
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

I got an auto loan in March of this year. I regained my lost application points (Fico) in about  three months. There was no appreciable change as to the auto loan although my score did increase an additional couple of points at that time. As always, your mileage may vary. Enjoy your new ride!

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 4 of 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Nella wrote:

Good Evening Everyone,

I opened a few accounts in Dec of this past year including an auto loan: as two credit cards and one auto loan ticked over the six month mark, I got a 12 point FICO increase from the prior month, when at the same time I went from 49->61% revolving utilization.  

12 points regardless with a pretty ugly increase in balance (have to assume either 50 or 60% is probably a breakpoint) is pretty substantial in my opinion.

        
Message 5 of 8
Nella
Valued Member

Thanks Revelate...that's good to know.  It might have been your decrease in UTI but any little bit helps!

Message 6 of 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Nella wrote:

Thanks Revelate...that's good to know.  It might have been your decrease in UTI but any little bit helps!

Perhaps I wasn't clear, I got a 12 point bump even though my Util increased from 49 to 61%.  i.e. the gain probably would've been a non-trivial factor higher assuming my util had stayed flat that month since I suspect either 50 or 60% is likely a revolving boundary.

        
Message 7 of 8
Nella
Valued Member

Got it!  So you did get a lil something, something...good to know =)

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.