cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6 points gone over phantom missed payment - Whom should I call and make miserable?

tag
lajntx
Frequent Contributor

6 points gone over phantom missed payment - Whom should I call and make miserable?

I have made my mistakes and have suffered the consequences, and am in rebuilding mode. Last month my EQ score was 563.... I pull this months and 557...??????? I look and FICO says I missed a payment last month.....

Like the %$^^$^&*^%% I DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and proceed to throw non breakable objects across the room.  

Ok, I regain my composure and look at the accounts to find the guilty party and call first thing tomorrow and say a few select words too and get this resolved.... only problem is none is listed as a missed payment last month. The only active accounts on EQ where I could "miss a payment " is my car loan ( current - I always pay early and never late ) and student loan, and then a crap load of chargeoffs and collections 1.5 years old to 2 years old that show no change from last months report. The only thing I think it could be was a defferment on the SL's expired in June and a new defferment began as soon as that one ended with the next payment not due until December. On the report it lists Sallie Mae and last activity as May..but nothing about a late payment. I also went to Sallie Mae`s site and confirmed my first payment due is not until 12/15/09

Whom should I call/contact and make them give me the name of the guilty party since none of the listed accounts indicate anything they want to take credit for it..... MyFico or Equifax?

EQ- 647, EX- 641, TU- 644
Sept `13 - ZERO Debt, 100% Liquid, AND a climbing credit score. Eat your heart out Dave Ramsey!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 6 points gone over phantom missed payment - Whom should I call and make miserable?

Look closely at your COs and CAs. If any one of those is showing a "reported" date or DOLA date of 6/2009, then there is your culprit. When COs or CAs update, even if nothing else changes within that TL, your score can drop. 
Message 2 of 6
lajntx
Frequent Contributor

Re: 6 points gone over phantom missed payment - Whom should I call and make miserable?

Thats what it was.. it was 3 CA's on medical bills that though were paid by health insurance back in 2005 continue to stay on my report despite repeated disputes the last 2 years. That's the one downside to the newer E-Verify between CB's & CA's.... nobody checks/reads anything and simply replys back " It's Verified" without any prood of a valid claim. Guess it's time to decide to either  wait out the 3 years left ( since my score is bad and will take almost that long to recover ) or find a consumer atty and fight it head on the old fashion way since no matter how much I distpute it despite it being paid, send the paperwork repeatedly to both EQ and the CA showing it was paid, calls to the CA whom always says it will investigate and then I never hear back -- oddly I never get any collection calls/demands in the mail, it always comes back "verified" every single time I dispute it the way it is supposed to be disputed, and now apparently everytime I dispute they also update and take points away. Smiley Mad
Sept `13 - ZERO Debt, 100% Liquid, AND a climbing credit score. Eat your heart out Dave Ramsey!
Message 3 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

IMO, disputing is a waste of time and can cause unintended consequences like a score drop. Use the link below as a guideline and you'll see your score rise fairly quickly.

What Steps Do I Take

Message 4 of 6
lajntx
Frequent Contributor

Great info.... but this is a disputed medical debt... and that info was for non medical. I have plenty of those, but every one of them is legit. Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lajntx wrote:
Great info.... but this is a disputed medical debt... and that info was for non medical. I have plenty of those, but every one of them is legit. Smiley Happy

Do you have proof it was paid by the insurance? In full and that there were no copays or anything owed by you?

If so then google Pre-Hipaa process and start that.  If it's not a valid debt (ie. it has been paid) then it should be removed.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.