Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

60 day lates and credit score

tag
rapprt
Established Member

60 day lates and credit score

My credit score isn't great because 2 years ago I had 3 60 day lates in a row from Capital One. As of this January it will have been over 2 years and will fall off the month by month analysis. Will that make my credit score go up?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Aahz
Established Contributor

Re: 60 day lates and credit score

@rapprt wrote:
My credit score isn't great because 2 years ago I had 3 60 day lates in a row from Capital One. As of this January it will have been over 2 years and will fall off the month by month analysis. Will that make my credit score go up?

Without seeing your total report no one can give a definitive answer.  But, assuming everything else on your reports is fine, then yes, your scores should increase as these late payments fall off.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I always saw point increases as lates aged past 24 months.

Message 3 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Just because they are not visible on a 2 year monthly payment history doesnt mean they no longer exist on the credit profile they are till there and its highly likely the worded history of the account has a reference to max delinquency. As they age back in time their effect on fico score lessens and sometimes they still cost points at the 7 year mark.

Message 4 of 10
dman23
Frequent Contributor

From my experience I had a 60 and a 90 day late fall off and my score went up 46 points. I recall researching these forums and learning that 60 and 90 day lates hurt 'til the end. (7 years). My experience confirms that.

myFico Score Experian: Start (4/21/14) 626 Current (5/7/16) 841
myFico Score Equifax: Start (4/30/14) 694 Current (5/6/16) 838
myFico Score Transunion Start (5/01/2014) 727 Current (5/7/16) 842
Discover (4/24/14) 659 (5/5/16) 842
Message 5 of 10
dman23
Frequent Contributor

@dman23 wrote:

From my experience I had a 60 and a 90 day late fall off and my score went up 46 points. I recall researching these forums and learning that 60 and 90 day lates hurt 'til the end. (7 years). My experience confirms that.

They fell off at the 7 year mark.

myFico Score Experian: Start (4/21/14) 626 Current (5/7/16) 841
myFico Score Equifax: Start (4/30/14) 694 Current (5/6/16) 838
myFico Score Transunion Start (5/01/2014) 727 Current (5/7/16) 842
Discover (4/24/14) 659 (5/5/16) 842
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I echo the rest of these comments. Those lates will hurt you until the 7 year mark. Your best bet is to send goodwill letters to Capital One to get those lates removed.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I echo the rest of these comments. Those lates will hurt you until the 7 year mark. Your best bet is to send goodwill letters to Capital One to get those lates removed.

Waste of time. Cap One flatly refuses to remove late payments.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Not a waste of time in my experience. Persistence is key! I sent several letters, emails, tried the chats. After they sent several letters back stating they don't do goodwill deletes, they finally removed 3 lates for me. Took a few months but now I have a perfect file for them.

Message 9 of 10
ScoreSizzle
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Not a waste of time in my experience. Persistence is key! I sent several letters, emails, tried the chats. After they sent several letters back stating they don't do goodwill deletes, they finally removed 3 lates for me. Took a few months but now I have a perfect file for them.

I've mailed and emailed them for a deletion of a late fee that was from HSBC before Cap1 took over and they've denied me both times. Looks like I got to get a little more aggressive. Smiley Mad

Cap1 Quicksilver || Amex BCP || Discover IT || Chase FU || BofA Travel || FNB Omaha Platinum Visa
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.