Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

60 point difference between My Fico equifax and pulled equifax

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

60 point difference between My Fico equifax and pulled equifax

I'm sitting here at a car dealers about to buy a new car, supremely confident in my Equaifax FICO score being in the mid 770s thanks to my conditions feedback from MyFico. Well imagine my surprise with the dealer pulls my Equifax score and its 60 points lower than what I thought it was. The service I pay for on a monthly basis is marketed as the genuine article. While I can forgive a few points here or there, how on earth can it be that different? Has any one else experienced this??? It's shaken my faith in this service and I'm considering cancellation now.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 60 point difference between My Fico equifax and pulled equifax

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm sitting here at a car dealers about to buy a new car, supremely confident in my Equaifax FICO score being in the mid 770s thanks to my conditions feedback from MyFico. Well imagine my surprise with the dealer pulls my Equifax score and its 60 points lower than what I thought it was. The service I pay for on a monthly basis is marketed as the genuine article. While I can forgive a few points here or there, how on earth can it be that different? Has any one else experienced this??? It's shaken my faith in this service and I'm considering cancellation now.

Different industry option likely at a minimum (auto enhanced) and entirely possible it's an earlier model too.

End of the day, the only score that matters is what the lender pulls for you; can't fault you for being upset, generally before house or auto purchase I'd simply get the 3 report veiw and see where I stood explicitly with the mortgage or auto scores explicitly; unfortunately the monitoring doesn't give you that except once a year.

        
Message 2 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
The service I pay for on a monthly basis is marketed as the genuine article.

There's no such thing.  There isn't one genuine/true/real/etc FICO.  Creditors use a number of different FICO models.  See also the Understanding FICO Scoring subforum and its stickies.  If you want to know what score a creditor will pull for you then you need to know the scoring model and CRA used.  Even then, you may not be able to get that score.  Not all models are available to consumers.

In other words, it is a FICO but it is not the FICO.

Message 3 of 5
froggyapples

Djinn, I just experienced the same thing. Myfico says 685 (equifax) but the mortgage company says 667(equifax). Is there no recourse for such a discrepancy?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Recourse because you dont understand how it works? Nah
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.