cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

60+ point drop from Experian in 2 months - but it looks like I will be buying!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

60+ point drop from Experian in 2 months - but it looks like I will be buying!!

First of all, great news- I passed the Co-op Board Interview!  Whew!  Apparently, now I am waiting on my lender to submit a Mortgage Commitment Letter to all involved parties, so a Closing can be scheduled.  Very excited!

Here's the strange thing.... On October 15th, my Experian score ordered from MyFico was 779.  I know the lender did a credit check at the end of October, and on December 10th, the Co-op Bd pulled my Experian score and it was down to 714.  There have not been any additional inquries that I am aware of or any unusual activity on my spending habits- maybe I have been charging less on my 2 credit cards.  It seems like such a big drop and I'm not sure why.  I have not bothered to buy my scores here on My Fico to see if there is a discrepancy.  Anyway, I thought I would share the good news along with some puzzling news!!  Hooray- glad the score did not negatively impact the Board's decision.!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 60+ point drop from Experian in 2 months - but it looks like I will be buying!!

Congrats. I'd pull each report now and compare it to your reports from October to look for any changes.
Message 2 of 4
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 60+ point drop from Experian in 2 months - but it looks like I will be buying!!

Are you sure the Co-op pulled a FICO and not something other? Vantage maybe.

I would definitely pull my FICO, if I were you.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you both.  I do plan on pulling my fico scores soon.  And that was a very good point- I don't know if it was another scoring system that was pulled instead of Fico.  I have been trying to keep my scores heading in an upward direction and thought I had been doing a good job so I was very surprised when I saw the score that the Board had seen.  Anyway, thank you again.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.