Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

60 to 30

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

60 to 30

If I was 60 days late my last reporting period and this reporting period I am now 30 days late does my score go up or down?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 60 to 30

Do you mean the first time 60 days late and it's reporting, then a subsequent 30 day late reporting for a total of two late payments reporting? If yes, your scores will go down with an additional late payment.
Message 2 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I assume these are separate accounts.If you were 60 late on the last report, and another 30 late on that same account the next reporting period, it would show as an additional 90 late, and not a 30 late.  Your post is a bit confusing.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

RobertEG wrote:
I assume these are separate accounts.If you were 60 late on the last report, and another 30 late on that same account the next reporting period, it would show as an additional 90 late, and not a 30 late.  Your post is a bit confusing.

Not necessarily.  A payment in the amount equivalent to two monthly payments on an account that is 60-days late would result in a 30-day reporting the following month, instead of a 90-day.  At that point, only the most recent payment is late, and it's not 90 days late, it's only 30 days late.

Message 4 of 10
fused
Moderator Emeritus

GETNUMBERSUP wrote:
If I was 60 days late my last reporting period and this reporting period I am now 30 days late does my score go up or down?

I'm not sure about the others, but I'm a bit confused here. My reply might be off. Please clarify!
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry...example...i have ABC credit card and for December I get a 60 mark on my report..the CCC updates the following month and instead of me being 60 days late I am now 30 days late...what effect would that have....in other words it still a negative mark but, i have improved from being 60 to 30 days late..hope this makes sense now..
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

GETNUMBERSUP wrote:
sorry...example...i have ABC credit card and for December I get a 60 mark on my report..the CCC updates the following month and instead of me being 60 days late I am now 30 days late...what effect would that have....in other words it still a negative mark but, i have improved from being 60 to 30 days late..hope this makes sense now..

I think the confusion is in regards to how you could go from being 60 days late one month and then 30 days late the following month.  Is that because you have made a payment in the meantime, but not enough of a payment to bring the account current, as I speculated above?
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

yep...
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

GETNUMBERSUP wrote:
yep...

In that case, I agree with fused's answer above.  Another late payment is another late payment, and all else equal, yes it will hurt your score.
Message 9 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
yep...
In that case, I agree with fused's answer above. Another late payment is another late payment, and all else equal, yes it will hurt your score.

But it will hurt less than if you hadn't paid at all, and allowed it to now post as another 60 or as a 90.

Any time that you can stop lates at the 60 day mark, it will help you bunches on down the road. A 60 will not hurt that much after 2 years, and barely at all after 3. Whereas a 90...
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.