Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

67 point drop in fico equifax- please help trying to buy house

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

67 point drop in fico equifax- please help trying to buy house

Ive had a pretty consistent 730 on my fico, and i accidentally forgot to pay one of my credit card bills, I usually schedule payments on line, and somehow forgot, anyway my card company called me a couple of days after it was due and i paid it immediately, they also reversed the late charges and reinstated my original interest rate since I had never missed a payment before. Anyway, I guess this was reported and my score dropped 67 points which i was shocked about. I called the credi card company and they informed me that they had to report the incident to the crdit reporting agencies. I am in the process of buying a new home and I am so worried that this has hindered my chance at getting a good interest rate, or maybe event reject my loan altogether. I am now at 667, is there anything i can do to rectify this?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: 67 point drop in fico equifax- please help trying to buy house

Yes, that's an awful thing to have hit.

Who is the lender? If you were only a few days past your due date, they shouldn't have reported you as 30 days late. Yes, I know that some do this, but it's still wrong. IMO, 30 days late means the second time that you miss a due date.

I'd do whatever it takes to get them to stop reporting the late, including paying the late fee and accepting a rate jack.

Is your mortgage score-driven? In other words, will this affect your ability to get the mortgage, and the APR that you will receive? If so, you're talking about a 30-year penalty for a late payment. Do whatever it takes: e-mailing the CEO, posting in Planet Feedback, you name it. This is a biggie.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.