Did you mean: 

6m makes no difference, will 9m?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 6m makes no difference, will 9m?

And the results are in....

my score held steady at 736.

No change. Inquiries do not lessen their score impact at either six months or at nine months.

Only possible exception is going to zero inquiries at 9, I still have a couple more between 6 and 9 months old. I do know that there is no increase from going from two to zero under six months so it seems unlikely at nine.

Conclusion: inquiries hit with their full force for the entire year until they drop.
Message 11 of 12
Erick12
Valued Member

Re: 6m makes no difference, will 9m?

You haven't proved what you think you've proved.

No one said inquiries stopped mattering between 6 months and 1 year, they still matter, just less so. Inquiries overall are not very important to your score. Therefore the entire damage inquires will do to your score may already be capped by having 5 inquiries between 6 and 12 months old. A new inquiry doens't do any more damage, so it also doesn't do less damage when it ages off. If you didn't have any of those old inquiries, then hitting 6 and 9 months on the newer ones would be more interesting.

After 11-16, when you're down to 3 inquiries affecting your score, that will probably be more informative. And then more so at 11-21, and then you'll get another datapoint at 1-16.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.