Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7 year old lates going to positive,

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

7 year old lates going to positive,

i have two accounts reporting some 90 day lates on a student loan from 7 years ago. my reports say that its scheduled to go to positive status this month, what kind of score jump should i see? right now im at about 730 across the board all c/c's at 10% bal. or less no other lates or deragorties. im really dying to get into the 750/760 range hopefully this will put it over!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: 7 year old lates going to positive,

If these are your only derogatories, you should be getting some happy news. This will take you out of the serious derog score bucket, along with CA's, CO's and other fun stuff, and put you in clean history land. I think 750 or 760 is reasonable.

One caution: your CC's should report at 9% or less, not 10%. And you don't want all your cards to be showing balances, no matter how low. For maximum score benefit, you should only let a few report balances, with the rest reporting $0.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 7 year old lates going to positive,

sounds like a plan. thanks for the insight!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.