Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

70 Point difference between my 2 FICO Scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

70 Point difference between my 2 FICO Scores

Hello everybody,

I pulled my 2 FICO scores today.  It's a 70 point difference!  My EQ is 732(loving that) and my TU is 662 (not loving that)  There are two accounts that are being reported differently on the CR

1.  I have a 6 year old collection, drop off date May 2010.  It is only being reported on my TU report

2.  I have a student loan.  Both reports says that I am paying as agreed.  However, on my TU report, my SL is shown as closed and on EQ is is shown as open.  It is being reported accurately on EQ. 

The collection account is the only remaining baddie left on any of my CRs.  Will that sole collection account for the 70 point difference?  If so, maybe I should try for a PFD.  I really didn't want to since it'll drop off in a year.  But I so desperately want all my scores to be in the 700 club.  I'm sure EX is because, I don't have any baddies reporting on that either.

Any suggestions/insight would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 70 Point difference between my 2 FICO Scores

It is very likely the CA, assuming all else is the same. I removed a 5-6 y.o. CA (when no others were reporting) and my score shot up 58 points. I had a new CA get added before Christmas and my EX FICO dropped 103 points. It was recently remvoed and I'm certain that my EX FICO score increased by the same (I'll never know I guess). I've seen as much as 120 points being added when their last CA was removed. It all depends on your history and how the CA is reporting.

To tackle the CA, I recommend DVing first, even if you know the debt is yours. Once they verify and if you agree, then send a PFD.

The "closed" notation on TU could hurt your score if you have no other open installment loans. However, if you do, then it doesn't matter if it says open or closed.
Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

It is very likely the CA, assuming all else is the same. I removed a 5-6 y.o. CA (when no others were reporting) and my score shot up 58 points. I had a new CA get added before Christmas and my EX FICO dropped 103 points. It was recently remvoed and I'm certain that my EX FICO score increased by the same (I'll never know I guess). I've seen as much as 120 points being added when their last CA was removed. It all depends on your history and how the CA is reporting.

To tackle the CA, I recommend DVing first, even if you know the debt is yours. Once they verify and if you agree, then send a PFD.

The "closed" notation on TU could hurt your score if you have no other open installment loans. However, if you do, then it doesn't matter if it says open or closed.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Llecs.

I have an auto installment loan, so the "closed" shouldn't affect me. 

I guess I'll have to tackle the CA.  I never would've thought that one little old CA would cause so much of a drop! 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.