Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

700 Club!

tag
islandchild82
Frequent Contributor

Re: 700 Club!

Congrats on your scores! That's awesome! And good luck with the letter. I hope that works for you!
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure that I would put that your lawyer has the documentation, etc.

If you have an atty, why aren't they writing this letter for you?  that statement about the atty makes it seem like you are bluffing.

I would state that if they don't comply, you will be forced to retain counsel and file suit for FCRA violations.

That seems more legit and serious.  The inconsistency I metioned above will smell like a bluff, and as such, they might not 'waste' their time investigating and removing.
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good point, however they don't necessarily *know* it is a bluff, just that I decided to give them a chance to do the right thing before taking legal action/costs.

I did talk to Efax, they said MOV was to call CA who verified my First Name, Last Name, SS#.  So I faxed them a version of that letter, the other two are going out by mail today.

It is such a totally illegal system IMHO; a creditor can send a letter to ANY of your valid addresses, if you don't reply to this letter they can't prove they sent, then they have no legal obligation to prove the debt. If you dispute, all they have to do is say 'this is the persons name and ss#' to verify?  Thank God the rest of the legal system isn't like this, we'd all be in prison at the courts whims.  'taint America to me.

The fights with Household who said they were going to handle this go on and on. NOW when I call they say 'the charge-off we determined that was yours?' and I say 'no, the one you determined wasn't mine as per this letter and reference #'.  They can't USE reference #s, those are for my purposes, not theirs (!!!!!?????).  So no one has records of their own letter to me showing it was not my debt and  have to READ the letter to them.  It is INANE.
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're right, they don't "know".  But by your response my hunch was correct.  Change your statement to what I have suggested above, and the rest looks solid.

I agree with you.  I have a collection for $109 on my report that is bogus but I can't get it off.  It's a freaking joke, IMO.
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok point taken, thank you. I removed that line from the doc.

Plan is to send them out today with the documentation provided.

Also going to follow up the fax I sent their lead counsel with a certified letter.

AND Dispute as Not Mine on all three reports.

And re-fax Midland Lady, and re-send letter. Ad infinitum.

Let's see how long they want to play this with an out of SOL item due to drop off in 2-3 months.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.