Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

700 club was short lived...just got a -3 drop back to 698

tag
Madison
Regular Contributor

700 club was short lived...just got a -3 drop back to 698

Last week I got a CW alert saying my credit score went up +5 to 701....I was really glad to break the 700 barrier. My score was 569 July, 2007. Then EQA breaks my bubble by lowering my score to 698.....This was one of the reasons......See below. I am getting worn out by these buckets. I think this is the 3rd one they have put me in.

• You moved from one category of credit users to another as time passed. For example, you may have transitioned from the category "consumers with a new credit history" to the category "consumers with a two- to five-year credit history". As a result, your credit report is evaluated differently, causing a slight change in your score. The good news is that moving between categories like this usually offers you the potential to reach a higher FICO® score in the future.
  •  

Message 1 of 7
    6 REPLIES 6
    marty56
    Super Contributor

Re: 700 club was short lived...just got a -3 drop back to 698

What is your total %util. If it is above 9%, you may get a boost past 700 if you lower your util.
    1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
    Message 2 of 7
    Junejer
    Moderator Emeritus

Madison, in the long run, these bucket changes (upward) are a good thing. Your score will be able to go higher than it would've been able to go in the bucket you just left. Rejoice and keep your nose clean, and 700 will be in your rear view mirror shortly.

Starting Score: 469
    Current Score: 846
    Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
    Message 3 of 7
    Madison
    Regular Contributor

My utilization is now under 10%

Message 4 of 7
    Junejer
    Moderator Emeritus

This bucket change is better for you in the long run, Madison.

Starting Score: 469
    Current Score: 846
    Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
    Message 5 of 7
    Anonymous
    Not applicable

The 3 point loss wouldn't change any rate you would receive and is very mild for a bucket change. Your score should quickly rise above 700 if your reports remain clean, with low utility, and no new credit obtained.
    Message 6 of 7
    laz98
    Senior Contributor

@Madison wrote:

• You moved from one category of credit users to another as time passed. For example, you may have transitioned from the category "consumers with a new credit history" to the category "consumers with a two- to five-year credit history". As a result, your credit report is evaluated differently, causing a slight change in your score. The good news is that moving between categories like this usually offers you the potential to reach a higher FICO® score in the future.

•  

crap!  this means i'll be moving into a new bucket next year.......wonder how that will go.  Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 7
    Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.