Regular Contributor
FicoPower

700 score, but they only look at DQs?

[ Edited ]

I am curious, even though I have a decent score, when I apply for a credit line increase at Bank of America for example, I get declined due to too many deliquincies about five years ago for medical bills.  So I wonder how much your FICO score matters if it keeps going up every month but I get declined for the DQs?  I also searched and found something interesting today:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070409170941AAh0ogf

If this is correct hopefully I can get the collection agenices to wipe the medical collections from my record since I paid them all in full.

Message Edited by FicoPower on 10-16-2008 11:44 PM
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Re: 700 score, but they only look at DQs?

First of all, for the medical collections, jump over to the Rebuilding Your Credit board and read the HIPAA/ medical collection thread stickied near the top. Several of our veterans worked out and posted the process, and it works.

Yep, lenders look at FICO scores and at reports. The score alone doesn't tell them what's what. My current EX score of 730 could represent what it does, someone with lates in the past but great history since, with low util, or it could represent someone who was an 830 last week, but a new collection just posted, and they lost 100 points overnight.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}