Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

747?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

747?

I know a score of 747 is good (Equifax), but how good is it?  Is it good-mortgage-rate good? rewards card good? CLI-is-likely good?

I'm not sure of how it compares to average, or where it puts me as far as rates on an auto loan, mortgage (eventually!), getting better CC products, etc.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Re: 747?

Hi Liz...

Yes, 747 is a pretty good EQ FICO. (It is a true FICO, isn't it? Did you get it from this site or directly from Equifax?)

With that score, you should have no problem qualifying for a mortgage, and most credit cards shouldn't be a problem. The caveat, however, is that to qualify for those things you still need to have sufficient income. Also, the rest of your debt will be considered. You can also get turned down for mortgages and credit cards (including CLIs) because of income and debt. Your FICO score is only one piece of the puzzle.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Currently my income is nowhere near enough to qualify for a mortgage!

But hopefully that will change over the next couple of years, so it's good to know that as long as I maintain my current credit habits (or even improve them!), I'll be in a good position.

Message 3 of 5
marty56
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

But hopefully that will change over the next couple of years, so it's good to know that as long as I maintain my current credit habits (or even improve them!), I'll be in a good position.

+1

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 4 of 5
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

You also want to work on broadening your credit experience if you have a thin file or short history. A "Fragile A" credit score based on a thin credit file is severely discounted by most credit issuers.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.