Contributor
coachmiff

75% vs 90%

I recently got two new cards with 0% intrest for 14 months--thinking about maxing them out and use the money for a retirement issue.  What is the damage and what is the TRUE  threshold 75 or 90?  Have 80k in credit with 1% util---this would put me at 19% util if i maxed them both out--txs!

Navy Siggy Cash Rewards 25K , Navy Flagship visa 17k Navy Check 15K, Navy Platnium Visa 7K, USAA Am Exp 11.5K, USAA MC Rate Advantage 11.5K, Discover IT 5.5K, PayPal Extras MC 5K, Chase Military Star MC 2.5K, Military Star 5.35k, Wallmart discover 2.5k, Amex bce 6k,Boa cash rewards 5k,Amazon Visa 500

current scores: TU 761 Equifax 773Exp 742
guiness56

Re: 75% vs 90%

Each card is scored for utilization as well as overall utilization.  So by maxing them out you will get dinged for that even though your overall will still be ok.

90%

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}