Frequent Contributor

Re: 8 point drop in Equifax for new $40 balance?

Dubious wrote:

So I'm not taking the time to do the math with your limits, but I'm guessing even though the absolute number seems large (2k) it didn't actually affect your util that much percentage wise (let's just say it went from 7 to 9% or something). 

In any case, your bucket probably scores number of accounts with a balance pretty highly. 

Yeah, that's in the ballpark.  My BofA is a Visa Signature so it only counts about $5300 (of the 17K) towards my util since that was my highest balance.

bobebob || Nov: My FICO SW EQ(Upgraded Version) = 822 ||Sept: Walmart TU Fico=838Goal = FICO's>800 || In my wallet: CostcoAmEx(20k), DCU Visa Platinum (10k), BoA Visa Signature (17.1k), Walmart Discover (7.5k), AmEx Corporate (5k). All PIF every month.
Super Contributor

Re: 8 point drop in Equifax for new $40 balance?

[ Edited ]

Interesting. Played with the three CR's utilization and found over the last three years that my best scores come with: one mortgage, one installment loan and two bank credit/store cards. Utilization ratios for the best scores comes when I am at no more than 30% on the installment loan with 1.5% utilization on the bank credit/store cards (but not 0.0% utilization then the scores drop). In reading the best scores vary quite a bit between all of us and I suspect our personal credit files thick/thin, clean, CL's, AAoA, oldest accounts and so on along with which one of the twelve FICO buckets we are in is the magic number. I had 804 09/2011 and then closed sub prime cards and openned prime or better cards and now I sit at a FICO 785.

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: EX 806 TU 814 EQ 818 FICO 08
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.