Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

800's across the board

tag
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Re: 800's across the board

Updated data points: Currently at 780, 800, 782.

Since I hit all 800's:

I took out a new SoFi loan paying off a Prosper loan and some remaining CC debt.

The house refinance is starting to hit and been losing 8-14 points from previous highs for having the mortgage be paid in full. The new mortgage loan has not hit the reports so I am not sure if that will help or hurt the scores.

I bought a new car for the wife and even though I had financing in hand, I let them try to beat my rate. My phone alerted me 15 times and I was worried at the dealership. Credit Sesame was having issues so I was receiveing 3 alerts per inquiry, but I still ended up with 8 new inquiries across all of my reports. He said with the +800 TU score, banks were fighting over the loan, a nice place to be in as a customer.

And also was approved for the Ritz-Carlton card with my new highest CL.

It has been a fun journey that SoFi.com started me on. Looking back to late last year when scores were 690-710 for utilization and SoFi.com turned me around.

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing
let us know about the new mortgage results
Message 12 of 19
mystikal1
Established Contributor

Very nice
Message 13 of 19
sarge12
Senior Contributor

All over 800 once again...the 801 has 6 inuiries...gardening for a year, want 850x3

fico6.JPG

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Appleman wrote:

Updated data points: Currently at 780, 800, 782.

Since I hit all 800's:

I took out a new SoFi loan paying off a Prosper loan and some remaining CC debt.

The house refinance is starting to hit and been losing 8-14 points from previous highs for having the mortgage be paid in full. The new mortgage loan has not hit the reports so I am not sure if that will help or hurt the scores.

I bought a new car for the wife and even though I had financing in hand, I let them try to beat my rate. My phone alerted me 15 times and I was worried at the dealership. Credit Sesame was having issues so I was receiveing 3 alerts per inquiry, but I still ended up with 8 new inquiries across all of my reports. He said with the +800 TU score, banks were fighting over the loan, a nice place to be in as a customer.

And also was approved for the Ritz-Carlton card with my new highest CL.

It has been a fun journey that SoFi.com started me on. Looking back to late last year when scores were 690-710 for utilization and SoFi.com turned me around.

This is good information - because I had been trying with Sofi for so long with 673 score with no avail. WoW that's a pretty high goal to make in order to get in with Sofi. I doubt I will be in 800 anytime soon... although my Transunion is creepling up that way... but my Experian is stuck pretty much and couldn't get it to budge at all.

Congrats to everything!

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sarge12 wrote:

All over 800 once again...the 801 has 6 inuiries...gardening for a year, want 850x3

fico6.JPG

Wow that's the dream team right there Smiley Happy It's funny how our goal changes... when I was down to 500, I wish to get to 600 and now I made it to 600... I need to get to 700, it's a long journey but I really want to get to the GREEN side... It's really true that the other side is sometimes greener! Smiley Happy haha...

Congrats! love to see this!

Message 16 of 19
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Scores are settling into EQ 782, TU 803 and EX 774. The new Ritz Card reported the same time as the 5 point drop on my EX.

Using the Score Simulator it looks like I need to garden for 6 months to start the needle in the correct direction (improved score) and 12 months to get a jump above 820's.

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score simulators are absolute garbage and will not accurately predict your potential score change.  For those that it works for, it's a coincidence.  It has to be.  Simulators only use maybe 10 pieces of data to spit out a score when there are an infinite amount of pieces that make up one's profile with respect to one another. 

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations ..... Well done...

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.