Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9 negative student loans removed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

9 negative student loans removed

I had 9 negative student loans removed from transunion with a score of 680 how many points can I anticipate gaining?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 9 negative student loans removed

A good amount. I just had 3 negative student loans fall off in January. Equifax jumped up 80 points, Transunion jumped 60 and Experian jumped 49. 

Keep in mind the rest of the information on your credit reports will also affect it. I have 0 negative indicators on my Equifax hence that score went up the highest.I have an old Medical collection from 2009 still showing on my Transunion that is due to fall off this June. My Experian report is showing a judgement for some other student loans that I have already rehabilitated and the judgement date is in 2012.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are so many factors in play that it's impossible to predict. But one of the most significant factor is whether you have any other derogatories. When your last derogatory is removed, you'll see a significant jump in your score. But the second to the last one removed . . . not nearly as much.

So if these nine were your only derogatories (of any kind), then it ought it be a nice increase. If you have any others, however, I hate to say it, but you're probably going to be disappointed in how small the increase is.

Message 3 of 8
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

A good amount. I just had 3 negative student loans fall off in January. Equifax jumped up 80 points, Transunion jumped 60 and Experian jumped 49. 

Keep in mind the rest of the information on your credit reports will also affect it. I have 0 negative indicators on my Equifax hence that score went up the highest.I have an old Medical collection from 2009 still showing on my Transunion that is due to fall off this June. My Experian report is showing a judgement for some other student loans that I have already rehabilitated and the judgement date is in 2012.

Did you get a Satisfaction of Judgment recorded in the public records for this rehab?  I only ask so that you follow up with the creditor to record that Satisfaction if they haven't already. Without it the judgment is in full force and effect even if you have paid it (sorry for the bad news). I notice some creditors are very, very slow to record the Satisfaction when the debt is paid

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Those 9 student loans were the only negative entries
Message 5 of 8
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Those 9 student loans were the only negative entries

Then you will probably see a huge increase in your TU scores.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You were absolutely correct . No movement at all. They are no longer on my report but the score didn't move.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anybody provide a sample letter to get student loans off credit report?

Much appreciated please!!!!!!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.