Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

90 day late 1.8 yrs old = 25 points

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

90 day late 1.8 yrs old = 25 points

Just a data point here.  I pulled my FICO 08s last Friday from CCT and then again a week later (yesterday).  I noticed that my EX and TU scores went up by 5 points, but EQ went up 30 points.  Odd.  In looking through all of the accounts, it looks like the 1.8 year old 90 day late payment I had on one account was removed from EQ but not EX and TU.  With any luck hopefully that means it will vanish soon from the other 2B; that 90 day late payment has been the target of a strong GW campaign.

My AAoA is 7 years.  22 Accounts, oldest account 16 years.  AGUT 1%.  2 inquiries per bureau, 4 accounts opened 3-4 months ago just for some more profile data.

Anyway, utilization and other factors stayed the same from that 1 week difference.  Not really sure why the other 2B saw a 5 point increase, but I can assume 5 points of the 30 point gain on EQ was for factors outside of the 90 day late payment and that the remainder, 25 points, is what a 90 day late payment 1.8 years old is worth on my profile.

Another thing I can't figure out is that on my CCT summary screen, under "accounts ever late" for TU and EX it states 2 accounts, which is true as I can locate late payments on 2 accounts... but for EQ it states 1.  In going through every single account I cannot find a single late payment on any accounts under EQ.  If anything it should be one of the two with late payments reported to EX and TU, but those accounts are shown as clean under EQ.  Any thoughts on this?  For EX and TU it says "Time Since Negative" is 1.8 years which is correct as that 90 day late is still there on the account for both of those bureaus, but on EQ it says "Time Since Negative" is 4.4 years?  I have no idea where they are pulling that 4.4 years from.  The actual age of my 2 lates are 1.8 years and the other 3.3 years; I don't have any late payments 4.4 years old.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 90 day late 1.8 yrs old = 25 points

Is there a point in time that the latest hurt so little, that it's easier to let them age off?
I have lates prior to ch13 filing 3/12, cc and student loans.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's difficult to say.  From what I understand, 2 years may be the only threshold where lates lose some sting.  While there could be others, I'm not aware of them.  That said, if your late payment has passed the 2 year mark but is a ways away from falling off at the 7 year mark, IMO it's still worth it to get it removed.  30's and 60's while they don't impact your scoring necessarily after 2 years, they still make your account "negative" for 5 more years until they fall off.  90+ day lates will impact score for the full 7 years and of course make the account severely negative.  Unless a late was in its 6th year or something and due to fall off within the year, I personally would make attempts to get it removed.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just guessing here...but is it possible the 4.4 yrs is an average of the 1.8 and 3.3 yrs (without rounding for each taken into account)? Very interesting on the fathom EQ 'accounts ever late'. Have you considered ordering a full EQ (printed) report to see if there is something listed on the full report that is not listed on the CCT version? I've read some where on myFico, that the online version and the printed version of a report won't necessarily have the exact same info.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I suppose I could look into that, but I've followed my reports long enough now to know that I don't have any other lates outside off the two I referenced.  I also can't see a way that two numbers could possibly average to a number higher than both.  I'm guessing it must be some sort of glitch.

As an aside, unfortunately the late payment returned to my report and I lost those 30 points gained on the 1B.  I sent a letter back to the person at WF that told me they were removing the negative information letting them know that it came back, so I'm hoping they are kind enough to resubmit their request and hopefully it comes off all 3B next time.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Have you considered ordering a full EQ (printed) report to see if there is something listed on the full report that is not listed on the CCT version? I've read some where on myFico, that the online version and the printed version of a report won't necessarily have the exact same info.

I guess I'm going to need to order printed reports from all 3B as I'm seeing a ton of variations between several different monitoring services.  I started a thread about this the other day in the general credit section:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Late-acct-variations-across-monitoring-services/td-p/4802157

Basically CCT, CK, CS and WH all have conflicting information regarding one of my late accounts, depending on which bureau is looked at.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.