Established Member
skipp

90 point increase in one month

I had one verizon collecion I did not like. So I sent a PFD letter. They were very cooperative, deleted before I even payed them.  I kept my end of the bargin and payed in full. My EX score went from 662 two 753 just from that one deleted collection. And I owe it all to you guys at this forum. It's all a game, I understand how to play now.
Senior Contributor
ilovepizza

Re: 90 point increase in one month

Nicely done! :smileyhappy:
If we never set higher goals we would never get as far.
sol, credit 101, acr, abbreviations, calc
Frequent Contributor
sunrise

Bravo!!!:smileyvery-happy:
takin' it one day at a time
Established Contributor
ObsessedwithmyFico

skipp wrote:
 I had one verizon collecion I did not like. So I sent a PFD letter. They were very cooperative, deleted before I even payed them.  I kept my end of the bargin and payed in full. My EX score went from 662 two 753 just from that one deleted collection. And I owe it all to you guys at this forum. It's all a game, I understand how to play now.

Skipp...I have been working on a friend's report for several months. The only thing left is a Verizon collection.I have sent three letters to the address on the credit report and not received a reply to any of them. Where exactly did you send your PFD or who did you contact?  Your help is greatly appreciated.

Obsessed
Valued Member
KLaSha

That's so awesome.... Congrats!
2/4/2009 TransUnion 654
2/4/2009 Equifax 648
2/4/2009 Experian ??
Established Member
sweetland

Does anyone have a PFD sample letter? I have one medical collection that has been haunting me for quite a while. I have disputed it several times and It will not go away.
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Hi, sweetland, welcome to the forums! Please check out Credit Scoring 101, and then look in Frequently Requested Threads for sample PFD letters. I'm in Firefox, so please copy/paste the URL into your browser window.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=ficoscoring&thread.id=2654

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=ficoscoring&thread.id=5000
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Established Member
sweetland

Thank you for the warm welcome. I'm new to this site and I need help getting my scores up.:smileyhappy:
Lus28

Wow that's great! I'm new here too

So how are my chances looking? I just signed up and my score is at 619..

Okay I have 7 past delinquencies (all paid now) from like 7 years ago. I got sick and hospitalized and had a hard time paying all my bills. They weren't big amounts but when you added them up it was a lot. I just found one today that I thought I paid off but it turns out I didn't. I had one more collection agency to pay off and I owed them $102.

I called up Equifax so that they could give me the information on the collection agency. While doing that, I asked if there were any hidden unpaid items, and it turns out that Equifax had not cleared a payment I made 4 years ago. He went ahead and updated that file and marked it as paid.

I just called the collection agency and paid the $102 I owed them, and am wondering how long it will take to clear from my credit..

Anyhow, now, the only other debt I have is a Capital One visa with a low rate and a balance of $673.

Thank you

Frequent Contributor
treschic

from reading other posts on this forum, i don't think you will have any increase in score, since the fico formula doesn't take into account paid vs unpaid collections.  Apparently, rather a collection is paid or not, it still counts against you.  it is only beneficial during a manuel review of your cr(credit report), although the fact that you had the ca(collection account) in the first place will still hurt you.  i think the only beneficial solution to your situation would have been for you to have had the entire ca deleted.  which, i assume you could've done by disputing the ca, and a) hoping they don't respond or b) agreeing to a pfd 4 years ago.  i don't have any first hand knowledge of this, this is just usually the advice that most people get when they have this same problem.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}