Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Mystery or Lack of Info?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

A Mystery or Lack of Info?

Today my FICO 8 TU alerted me of score increase of 6 points after being stagnant for 45 days. When I checked the factors there was nothing except 3 red arrows pointing down saying what's impacting my score. But no reason why it went up. My CK account always has info and the TU there went up one point. But again no reason for the score increase. I updated my report and found nothing changed. So my question is . Did it go up because constant on time payments and leaving one small balance of 11 dollars on one card and zero balance on other 2 cards. Plus 1% utilization used. Is this the reason of the increase?
2 REPLIES 2
sarge12
Senior Contributor

Re: A Mystery or Lack of Info?

@Anonymous wrote:
Today my FICO 8 TU alerted me of score increase of 6 points after being stagnant for 45 days. When I checked the factors there was nothing except 3 red arrows pointing down saying what's impacting my score. But no reason why it went up. My CK account always has info and the TU there went up one point. But again no reason for the score increase. I updated my report and found nothing changed. So my question is . Did it go up because constant on time payments and leaving one small balance of 11 dollars on one card and zero balance on other 2 cards. Plus 1% utilization used. Is this the reason of the increase?

The fico 8 info can not be used to show exactly why your score went up or down. The info only shows factors that exist, and whether that factor is considered negative or positive. If for instance it shows a factor of too many recent inqueries plus your score increased 5 points, it is not indicating that your score increased because you had too many inqueries. Think of it as being used as an and statement. Your score increased 5 points AND you have too many inqueries, the cause of the score increase would almost certainly be caused by something else such as reaching an AAoA threshold, which may not even trigger an alert. The alogorithym is a trade secret and fico will never tell you your score increased x number of points because this event happened, to do so would lead to possible reverse discection of the alogorithm. Whatever it was that caused your score to go up, would have probably caused a much higher increase in score if you did not have those 3 arrows pointing down.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A Mystery or Lack of Info?

Thank you for the reply. Next month I intend to take out a 5k loan for some needed things but also to add an installment loan in hopes this will bump my score more, since all I have is 3 credit cards and no loans which is accounting for no mixture in credit. I'm going to try and counter the red arrows with green arrows till either the collections fall off or I deal with them on a different level.btw. the red arrows were for some collections. Short credit history and no installment loans.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.