cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A big fat YAY! And all apologies to Equifax...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

A big fat YAY! And all apologies to Equifax...

Okay, I've been hard on Equifax for some time because of problems I've had getting my credit report wtih them straightened out.  Turns out that was premature.

Despite the array of issues I had on their report, a couple carefully worded letters and documentation to back it up has proven very fruitful.

Today, all the incorrect information (and I mean all of it, I cannot find a single flaw on there now) has been corrected or removed.  My score jumped 58 points.  I think the biggest difference was the correction of an account that I paid off early last year and was still showing with a status of 120 days late.  With that fixed, I now have a clean payment history for over 15 straight months with no lates instead of a recent late showing.

Contrast that with TransUnion, who (despite evidence verifying my claims) has told me my request to fix one account was frivolous (exactly three days prior to the OC actually contacting me to admit their mistake and state they would fix it), and has been painfully slow on responding to my other concerns.  The net is, TU was once my highest, is now my lowest, and EQ was once my lowest and is now by far my highest:

TU - 614
EX - 628
EQ - 648

...that's up from 587, 580, and 570 respectively in just three months!  Big happy day for me.

Now...I've really been trying to get the scores up to 620 so I can get out from under what is just an absolutely terrible mortgage company. 

The Midscore appears to be 628...is now a good time to push the refi button, or should I wait?

Anyway...my apologies for any disparaging remarks to Equifax.  They made me prove my claims, perhaps, but they actually DID fix them.  Now, on to TU.......
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A big fat YAY! And all apologies to Equifax...

That is great news... I had a simular situation today with EQ, I can't say there are zero mistakes in their reporting, I'm still waiting to clean up a few. But,  the biggie came off today.

I too, take all (ok most of) the bad things I said about them.

Message Edited by Lori344 on 07-10-2007 05:36 PM
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your success! Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

barderspond wrote:
Now...I've really been trying to get the scores up to 620 so I can get out from under what is just an absolutely terrible mortgage company. 

The Midscore appears to be 628...is now a good time to push the refi button, or should I wait?

Congrats.  I want to hear what the big guns say about this question.   BUMP

Message Edited by monro411 on 07-11-2007 11:22 AM
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

My scores are TU 553, EQ 649 and EX 682.  I just refied and got a mortgage at 6.8%.  So the answer to your question is: NO!  Don't wait.  I had the same concerns.  But apparently they go by your midFICO so one trashed score won't hurt you. 
Message 5 of 6
FICOnater2007
New Contributor

Very big congratulations to you!  Smiley Very Happy

But in my case EQ is the bad guy and TU are the good guys. I guess it could be the part of the country we live in as well...

Here in Texas EQ uses a company called CSC to do their bidding...kind of like the Emperor on Star Wars does with Darth Vader.  Smiley Happy

Anyhow, good for you and best wishes!

FICOnater2007
-------------------------------
EQ...there's a reason they're not called IQ...
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.