cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A bit confused. Fico9 questions & how creditors pull.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

A bit confused. Fico9 questions & how creditors pull.

My fico are in my sig but my FICO9 is way worse and I spent a lot of concentrated time on building my score. According to the new fico 9 my EQ is 496, TU 538, & EX is 505. What gives? According to the topic about Fico9 in this thread the changes were more positive however it seems the total opposite for me. Also do creditors even pull true Fico's? During my recent app spree I I received letters from creditors that list my score that doesn't match or come close to ANY of my Fico versions listed in myfico. But nevertheless my concern is the Fico9. I feel so discouraged looking at these scores. I feel as if I have worked so hard for absolutely nothing. Any insight or bright light at the end of the tunnel is appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: A bit confused. Fico9 questions & how creditors pull.

Don't get yourself too down on it just yet. Because it is newer I'd think they are still testing and perfecting it. Also, not many lenders are using it yet, and I'd imagine they won't all that soon from what Ive read. I say just keep doing what you are doing.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I sure hope so. I am working toward purchasing my first home in the next two years. This will be detrimental to that process. Thank you for the encouragement.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Well I sure hope so. I am working toward purchasing my first home in the next two years. This will be detrimental to that process. Thank you for the encouragement.

If that's the case, you definitely do not need to worry about Fico 9. Mortgage lenders haven't even moved up to Fico 8 yet. And taking good care of your credit for 2 years will result in much better scores, anyway.

Message 4 of 5
JustinA
Frequent Contributor

I am in the same boat. Fico 9 scores make me cringe. FFS just stick with 1 model and leave it

Starting TU: 536
Starting EQ: 573
Goal: 640

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.