Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A paid judgement removed, zero change in score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

A paid judgement removed, zero change in score

Equifax:    My report has 12 student loan lates from 2011, one charge off due to fall off in October 2016 (soon), and previously had a PAID satisfied judgement for 

$1100.

It has been deleted from Equifax, and ZERO change!    Wondering if it is a Rebucket?    Or just that because of my bad marks listed above, it was not deserving of a point change.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A paid judgement removed, zero change in score

Most likely, because it was paid and that you have other negative items, it had no impact. There could just be a delay in the score change too.  I do expect the charge off to have more impact to your scores if it is your last derogatory item.  Late payments do a lot of damage to your payment history but it is a separate category than collections and charge offs - unless they are turned over to collection. 

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Edited *duplicate post*

Edited *duplicate post*

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Most likely, because it was paid and that you have other negative items, it had no impact. There could just be a delay in the score change too.  I do expect the charge off to have more impact to your scores if it is your last derogatory item.  Late payments do a lot of damage to your payment history but it is a separate category than collections and charge offs - unless they are turned over to collection. 

I am thinking the same re: other negative items.   I did not think there was ever a "delay" in score changes though?    I was hoping for a little increase, I though the presence of a public record was a fairly big deal, even if paid.     

I will continue to carry on and wait!     

Message 4 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I am thinking the same re: other negative items.   I did not think there was ever a "delay" in score changes though?    I was hoping for a little increase, I though the presence of a public record was a fairly big deal, even if paid.     

Basically if you have one entry of a given type (negative) you can get stuck in a bucket.  1 tax lien vs. 3 tax liens for example same bucket; it's also quite likely from a bucketing perspective that other negatives all get lumped into the same bin... maybe not, but there's more negative types than there are dirty buckets and presumably some is on age so it's likely they're scored similarly.

Just from the way the monitoring solution works, has there been a trigger (balance update or whateber) to force the score update?  Deletiions of information isn't typically a trigger event in any of the monitoring.

        
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Basically if you have one entry of a given type (negative) you can get stuck in a bucket.  1 tax lien vs. 3 tax liens for example same bucket; it's also quite likely from a bucketing perspective that other negatives all get lumped into the same bin... maybe not, but there's more negative types than there are dirty buckets and presumably some is on age so it's likely they're scored similarly.

Just from the way the monitoring solution works, has there been a trigger (balance update or whateber) to force the score update?  Deletiions of information isn't typically a trigger event in any of the monitoring.

Thanks for your insight Relevate.    I was hoping that the reason was bucketing, and that there was more than one negative bucket.    

Yeah I actually pulled my 1B for Equifax.  (the paid judgement was only on Equifax.)   The PR was off, but the exact same score.  

If next month, when the chargeoff comes off, there is STILL no change,  I may just lose my marbles :/

Message 6 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for your insight Relevate.    I was hoping that the reason was bucketing, and that there was more than one negative bucket.    

Yeah I actually pulled my 1B for Equifax.  (the paid judgement was only on Equifax.)   The PR was off, but the exact same score.  

If next month, when the chargeoff comes off, there is STILL no change,  I may just lose my marbles :/

Yeah I hear ya; on the opposite side I picked up 13 points on TU 8 a few days ago which I'm struggling to understand even at a second glance.  If it had happened today I might've figured it as a 30 day late from october last year perhaps hitting a year old, but the alert is clearly 9/28, and I didn't have any additional inquiries come off nor did I cross an AAOA boundary (34 months on TU).  

I'm not tracking my own scores as rigorously as I once did, but I can empathize regarding the confusion.  I do hope when the CO comes off you get a nice pop!

        
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.