Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A sensationalist media is a useless (and harmful) media

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

A sensationalist media is a useless (and harmful) media

Seems like every day you hear in the media about how tough it is to get a mortgage these days.  You better have that 720 or even 760 score they say.  Better not have any potmarks in your credit history they say.

Well, you know what?  Sometimes the media is very very stupid and fails to do its homework.

I’ve been fretting like crazy nuts about my score.  I had two collections both two years old, one paid, one small one not paid.  Middle score of 690.  I thought I would be on the outside looking in when it came to purchasing a home.

Guess what?  I called three banks today and told them my entire situation.  The collection accounts, middle score, current 2 year history of on time pays, etc.  They said I would be approved without a hassle with that profile, at very competitive rates (about 6%).  Man am I relieved.

The moral of the story is, do NOT let your score make you sick due to anxiety and worry.  Sometimes it’s better to ignore the sensationalist media, ignore that floozy Suze Orman,  stand up to your fears, and call your nearest lender.  You might be really surprised at what they tell you.

Good luck to all.  Prosper and be merry.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
granny031350
Established Contributor

Re: A sensationalist media is a useless (and harmful) media

I talked to my CU and she told me that they were doing some mortgage business but 90 percent was going through FHA due to the PMI issues and getting it underwritten.  But FHA is a godsend and will help those of us who want to own a home get one even in these trying times.

Good for you.  I can't wait to be a homeowner again as well.  In fact I have been window shopping for lawn mowers!!!!!
Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: A sensationalist media is a useless (and harmful) media

Maddog, I could not agree with you more!
And Congrats, Bud!
To those who have become so FICO score obsessesed, I can only decry...
"There is still a world out there that is not reduced to a three point FICO score!"
FICO does not yet rule the world of credit decisions.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.