Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAOA Calculation Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AAOA Calculation Question

I have 2 student loans dating back to 2007, from the aaoa formula it looks like I'm only being given the age for one of them even though they have different balances, the same servicer has both loans, is this an error I need to contact the credit bureau about or do I only get the age of one?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AAOA Calculation Question

Have you accessed your full credit reports for TransUnion, Equifax, and Experian?  When you print out each report (separately) do the loans appear as two distinct accounts?  If the loans were opened on different dates, do the reports show a different Date Opened for each account? 

You say that "from the aaoa formula it looks like I'm only being given the age for one of them" -- what tool are you using that tells you your AAoA?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Both accts were opened the same day, I'm adding the mos of all accts, dividing that number by the number of accts I have and then dividing that number by 12. Both accts are with the same servicer but have different balances.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good.  That helps make things a little clearer.  But in your original post you write "it looks like I'm only being given the age for one of them."  So it sounds like you are doing the AAoA calculation by hand (yourself) and comparing the result you get to an AAoA calculation done by some computerized product (like a credit monitoring service).  And you are observing (if I understand your right) that this service is giving you an AAoA that is different from what you are getting by hand.  In fact, when you do the calculation by hand a second time, but only count one of the two loans, then you get the same result as the service.  Is that right?

If so, what is the name of the CMS that is wrongly calculating your AAoA?

Also, I asked earlier if you have pulled all three of your credit reports and seen whether these two loans are represented as two different accounts on each of the three reports.  You didn't answer that, but that;s the crucial question.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.