Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAoA - Conflicting info on FICO report

tag
electra
Established Contributor

AAoA - Conflicting info on FICO report

Hey credit gurus,

I'm confused by some seemingly conflicting info in my FICO report.   On page 2, "Understanding your FICO Score" it says:

You have a short credit history.

Your FICO score measures the age of your oldest account and the average age of your accounts. In your case, either your oldest account was opened recently or the average age of your accounts is relatively low. People that do not frequently open new accounts and have longer credit histories generally pose less risk to lenders. Therefore, as your credit history lengthens and you pay your bills on time, this factor should have less of a negative impact on your score.

But then it shows:

Your oldest account was opened19 Years, 2 Months ago, Average age of your accounts11 years

FICO High Achievers [?]opened their oldest account 19 years ago, on average.
Most FICO High Achievers [?]have an average age of accounts between 6 and 12 years.

So, it looks like I have a reasonable AAoA, right?  Why is it listing that as a negative?

Thanks!

-Anja

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Jutz
Valued Contributor

Re: AAoA - Conflicting info on FICO report

It could be based on the number of total accounts?  No idea, since my oldest is 6.5, and average is 5 and I'm pretty sure it gave me a 3 as well

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 2 of 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AAoA - Conflicting info on FICO report

Based on the scoring bucket you are in, on average, your history is younger than most.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.