cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAoA and credit score...How Important??

tag
veracious
Established Contributor

Re: AAoA and credit score...How Important??

Wow,  RobertEG!!

I guess I should open a new account soon.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

veracious

smallfry
Senior Contributor

So what did you get?

Message 12 of 15
Marv94
Established Member

I'm in the same boat somewhat; I was approved for a new Citi CC with a $4k CL thanks to a 745 EX score (my other two scores were 676 at EQ & 687 at TU), and my AAoA was a so-so 5 years & 4 months when I applied for that CitiCard on 5-27.

Should I also wait 3-6 months to apply for a new CC?

I was under the impression that applying less than 30 days apart is not a good idea, since that could be conceived as desperation, and especially if you were declined the first time.

If the answer is yes, any recommendations for another CC (EX pull, please) would be most appreciated. 

Thanks to all of you for the great tips on this board.

Message 13 of 15
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Marv94 wrote:

I'm in the same boat somewhat; I was approved for a new Citi CC with a $4k CL thanks to a 745 EX score (my other two scores were 676 at EQ & 687 at TU), and my AAoA was a so-so 5 years & 4 months when I applied for that CitiCard on 5-27.

Should I also wait 3-6 months to apply for a new CC?

I was under the impression that applying less than 30 days apart is not a good idea, since that could be conceived as desperation, and especially if you were declined the first time.

If the answer is yes, any recommendations for another CC (EX pull, please) would be most appreciated. 

Thanks to all of you for the great tips on this board.

Do you have enough credit now? Are you looking for a mortgage anytime soon? I would be inclined to wait six months maybe a shade longer. I just noticed your scores. No offense but with an AAofA of over 5 years your scores should be way higher. Any negatives?

Message 14 of 15
Marv94
Established Member

All three of my scores have soared in the past 48 hours thanks to my disputing the CC balances at all three CRAs; I'm guessing the the 'hard pull' which EX made for Citi was negated by the new CC with the $4K CL.

My util% plunged as well once the correct balances were listed for my three CCs, as well as the two which were closed by the CC issuers themselves ($890 to $0!) and will go below 6% with the issuing of my new CC.

No more CCapps for me for at least 6 months---thanks to all of you for sharing your wisdom.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.