cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAoA going down - is it my student loans?

tag
skigirl916
Established Contributor

AAoA going down - is it my student loans?

My reports are showing my AAoA as much lower than it really is if one were to actually do the math.  Loans are part of AAoA, along with CCs.  I've had my student loans (MANY of them, reporting as individual line items) for 15 years, my three oldest credit cards for longer than that.  In December, my AAoA was 8 years.  I still thought that seemed too recent, and when doing the math myself, would come up with something closer to 10.  Now, with nothing on my profile changing except Sallie Mae now showing as Navient, my AAoA is a mere 4.4 years.  What?!!

My student loans have been sold/transferred multiple times to different servicers; seems like every time they do this, it affects my credit report, as it shows up as a new account.  It went like Sallie Mae --> Dept of Education --> AES --> back to Sallie Mae --> Navient... there was another servicer in there I can't remember.

And this isn't consolidation I'm talking about. The first two show as closed and having been started up by the next in line. I'm not sure that's fair...?

Am I right?  Or is something else going on?  

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.