Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAoA impact without oldest/but baddie account

tag
Carpediem24

AAoA impact without oldest/but baddie account

Hello,

I have about 17 tradelines on my CR. The oldest one started in 11/2007(the second oldest is 06/2011)  and the newest in 7/2014. The AAoA is about 1.73 years as of today. 16 positive tradelines and 1 baddie.

The AAoA as of next year this time would be 2.77 years, provided I wont apply for a single CC or Loan. Now, the oldest TL from 2007 is a baddy, a OC Credit Card CO that is scheduled to fall off within the first half of 2015. When the Oldest baddie TL falls off, I will have 16 positive TL with no baddies. My AAoA will then be calculated for the 16 TL from 2011 to 2015 which will be 2.46 years. So a drop from 2.77 years with a baddy to 2.46 years withoutthe baddie.

In the world of Fico scoring, is this AAoA difference significant enough to drop my score inspite of the baddie falling off? Would a .30 years difference in AAoA drop my score at all? Logic tells me the baddie falling off will have more of an effect than AAoA drop and the net score change will be in the positive. However, I also know that the older the baddie is, the lesser will be the impact on the score, so should I ssume that this wont have a great impact when it falls off? Even if there is a positive change in score, how big of a jump can one expect?

All these questions are because I want to apply for an auto loan in July 2015 and I want my credit profile to look as clean as possible to be able to justify a 40K+ loan request.... Smiley Very Happy So I am trying to start working on it and hope to try and have 0 balance reported on all TL except for 1 by the time I am ready to apply. 

As always, your help and guidance is much appreciated.

Mid 2012 - 560
Mid 2013 - EX: 610 TU: 615; EQ:590
Mid 2014 - EX, TU: 677; EQ:650
Goal Score: Mid 2015 - 720+
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
jamie123
Valued Contributor

Re: AAoA impact without oldest/but baddie account

Yeah, the AAoA won't have an impact at all. It seems that AAoA is only really affected when you drop into a smaller year, like say, from over three to less than three.

Having the baddie fall off will have a much larger impact.

You do however need to get jnto the garden! You have an awful lot of new accounts! Your scores should rise from month to month just by letting them age.

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 2 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@jamie123 wrote:

Yeah, the AAoA won't have an impact at all. It seems that AAoA is only really affected when you drop into a smaller year, like say, from over three to less than three.

Having the baddie fall off will have a much larger impact.

You do however need to get jnto the garden! You have an awful lot of new accounts! Your scores should rise from month to month just by letting them age.

AAoA from everything we've been able to ascertain is only calculated on the year (rounding down).  So in this case, the one derog being removed is a win, how much of one is debatable as going from a mixed file to a clean sheet is sometimes awkward in the short-run, but always a win in the long-run.

Can't wait for my own baddies to fall off, in several years Smiley Frustrated

        
Message 3 of 6
Carpediem24

Thanks for your reply. I am definitely gardening right now.... Hopefully for a full year.

Mid 2012 - 560
Message 4 of 6
Carpediem24

Thanks Revelate. I hope I get a score boost with the baddie finally falling off. Eq said it'll come off in Jan 2015, TU in June and EX in May. Do you think I can request them to take'em off early? Do they oblige? If yes, how should I approach this?

Mid 2012 - 560
Message 5 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Would be better to ask that over in the Rebuilding forum since the experts on such things tend to hang out there; you may be able to dispute it as obsolete (if it's past Statute of Limitations anyway) and have it come off early in addition to the usual Goodwill letters: I honestly haven't looked into it as mine are still several years out.

        
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.